What is the darn problem with SFC

I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the correct
cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd which I
have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined disk
or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
either.
Any suggestions?
--
+Silat

--
+Silat
5 answers Last reply

    > Neither the streamlined disk
    > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
    > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
    > .

    Describe what happens when you run system file checker.
    SCF /scannow
    You say it doesnt work but dont describe what happens.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128

    http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

    "Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
    > xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
    > correct
    > cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
    > which I
    > have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined
    > disk
    > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
    > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
    > either.
    > Any suggestions?
    > --
    > +Silat
    >
    > --
    > +Silat

    It asks for the cd and wont stop asking without any progress at all.
    --
    +Silat

    "bumtracks" wrote:

    > > Neither the streamlined disk
    > > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
    > > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
    > > .
    >
    > Describe what happens when you run system file checker.
    > SCF /scannow
    > You say it doesnt work but dont describe what happens.

    Thanks for all the links but I have been to those links. I have done all
    registry recommendations etc.
    --
    +Silat

    "bumtracks" wrote:

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128
    >
    > http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
    >
    > "Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
    > > xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
    > > correct
    > > cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
    > > which I
    > > have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined
    > > disk
    > > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
    > > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
    > > either.
    > > Any suggestions?
    > > --
    > > +Silat
    > >
    > > --
    > > +Silat

    I dunno for sure
    but
    seems in some area's windows is smart enough to look in the i386 folder
    So if your registry paths end with /i386 ,
    Windows may be looking for example ;
    D:\i386\i386\filename.ext

    > Thanks for all the links but I have been to those links. I have done all
    > registry recommendations etc.
    > --
    > +Silat
    >

    > "bumtracks" wrote:
    >
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128
    >>
    >> http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
    >>
    >> "Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have
    >> >win
    >> > xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
    >> > correct
    >> > cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
    >> > which I
    >> > have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the
    >> > streamlined
    >> > disk
    >> > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
    >> > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt
    >> > work
    >> > either.
    >> > Any suggestions?
    >> > --