silat

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2005

I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the correct
cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd which I
have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined disk
or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
either.
Any suggestions?
--
+Silat

--
+Silat

> Neither the streamlined disk
> or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> .

Describe what happens when you run system file checker.
SCF /scannow
You say it doesnt work but dont describe what happens.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

"Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
> xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
> correct
> cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
> which I
> have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined
> disk
> or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> either.
> Any suggestions?
> --
> +Silat
>
> --
> +Silat

silat

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2005

It asks for the cd and wont stop asking without any progress at all.
--
+Silat

"bumtracks" wrote:

> > Neither the streamlined disk
> > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> > .
>
> Describe what happens when you run system file checker.
> SCF /scannow
> You say it doesnt work but dont describe what happens.

silat

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2005

Thanks for all the links but I have been to those links. I have done all
registry recommendations etc.
--
+Silat

"bumtracks" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128
>
> http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
>
> "Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
> > xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
> > correct
> > cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
> > which I
> > have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined
> > disk
> > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> > either.
> > Any suggestions?
> > --
> > +Silat
> >
> > --
> > +Silat

I dunno for sure
but
seems in some area's windows is smart enough to look in the i386 folder
So if your registry paths end with /i386 ,
Windows may be looking for example ;
D:\i386\i386\filename.ext