Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

What is the darn problem with SFC

Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 1, 2005 2:25:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the correct
cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd which I
have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined disk
or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
either.
Any suggestions?
--
+Silat

--
+Silat

More about : darn problem sfc

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:31:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> Neither the streamlined disk
> or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> .

Describe what happens when you run system file checker.
SCF /scannow
You say it doesnt work but dont describe what happens.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:48:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

"Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A1DDE602-CB96-46F0-8EE4-1A2D54EEE4B4@microsoft.com...
>I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
> xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
> correct
> cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
> which I
> have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined
> disk
> or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> either.
> Any suggestions?
> --
> +Silat
>
> --
> +Silat
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 1, 2005 11:20:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

It asks for the cd and wont stop asking without any progress at all.
--
+Silat


"bumtracks" wrote:

> > Neither the streamlined disk
> > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> > .
>
> Describe what happens when you run system file checker.
> SCF /scannow
> You say it doesnt work but dont describe what happens.
>
>
>
>
September 1, 2005 11:25:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for all the links but I have been to those links. I have done all
registry recommendations etc.
--
+Silat


"bumtracks" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128
>
> http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
>
> "Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A1DDE602-CB96-46F0-8EE4-1A2D54EEE4B4@microsoft.com...
> >I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have win
> > xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
> > correct
> > cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
> > which I
> > have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the streamlined
> > disk
> > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
> > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt work
> > either.
> > Any suggestions?
> > --
> > +Silat
> >
> > --
> > +Silat
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 7:58:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I dunno for sure
but
seems in some area's windows is smart enough to look in the i386 folder
So if your registry paths end with /i386 ,
Windows may be looking for example ;
D:\i386\i386\filename.ext


"Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FCB2D86E-F5EC-429B-BD4F-9F50FA41AF02@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for all the links but I have been to those links. I have done all
> registry recommendations etc.
> --
> +Silat
>
>
> "bumtracks" wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128
>>
>> http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
>>
>> "Silat" <Silat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A1DDE602-CB96-46F0-8EE4-1A2D54EEE4B4@microsoft.com...
>> >I have followed every direction I can find on the net about SFC. I have
>> >win
>> > xp pro. No matter how I change the registry to find the files on the
>> > correct
>> > cd or in the 386 folder Ive put on c drive it keeps asking for the cd
>> > which I
>> > have. I have sp2 I have streamlined it with XP . Neither the
>> > streamlined
>> > disk
>> > or the original XP pro disk make SFC work correctly.
>> > I have even made a new streamlined disk just in case. That one doesnt
>> > work
>> > either.
>> > Any suggestions?
>> > --
>> > +Silat
>> >
>> > --
>> > +Silat
>>
>>
>>