0X0000007B Stop Errors on Installation

Hello all:

Whenever I attempt to reinstall Windows I receive a stop error warning about
a possible virus to instructing me to remove any newly installed hard drives
and/ or controllers.

I elliminated hard drives disk by disk but was met with the same results. I
then elliminated all HDs and my SCSI controller, booting from my XP CDROM,
but again with no luck.

I have always run antivirus protection (in this case Nod32) and it has
always been up-to-date.

Prior to running into this problem I was running Windows XP on one SCSI
drive with storage on another IDE drive and WIndows Vista/ Storage on a 3rd
(SCSI).

The computer operated normally when it was booted into Windows XP except for
intermittent Blue Screens that seemed to be caused by a driver (NVIDIA
possibly). These have occured for some time.

More recently, it is worth noting that NOD32 failed to maximize and would
not run until I removed iTunes from the system (but coexistied for months).
The only new program that I have run for the past few months is Diskeeper and
the 3rd SCSI was new (prior to the driver-related BSODs)

Several days ago I removed the Vista files from my 3rd (SCSI) drive and used
the MBR utility with the - XP notation. Windows XP would still load but the
install was FUBAR. Autoplay is also running continuously. That is what
prompted me to reformat.

Windows setup told me to run CHKDSK /F on the drives and i did so. The
drive that was formerly running Vista was said to have had MTF issues, but
was still readable, as was the IDE with stored data.

Now, I can only boot into XP, but cannot run a reinstall because I get met
with the 0X0000007B Stop Errors. I have a screenshot of this particular
error available. The 2nd SCSI drive is not being detected correctly and
show no partition; the IDE drive does not show at all INCLUDING IN BIOS POST.

Does anyone have any idea why I can boot off of my system drive into XP, but
not reinstall and not see my drives? Also, why am I seeing constant autoplay
dialogs? The only way that I can elliminate it is to still RPC and that
forces a reboot.

Please e-mail me.

Regards,

Dave

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
(7B)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"David Worthington" <DavidWorthington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2FEBF6E4-6F65-4B60-806B-9632786F8A59@microsoft.com...
> Hello all:
>

> Whenever I attempt to reinstall Windows I receive a stop error warning
> about
> a possible virus to instructing me to remove any newly installed hard
> drives
> and/ or controllers.
>
> I elliminated hard drives disk by disk but was met with the same results.
> then elliminated all HDs and my SCSI controller, booting from my XP CDROM,
> but again with no luck.
>
> I have always run antivirus protection (in this case Nod32) and it has
> always been up-to-date.
>
> Prior to running into this problem I was running Windows XP on one SCSI
> drive with storage on another IDE drive and WIndows Vista/ Storage on a
> 3rd
> (SCSI).
>
> The computer operated normally when it was booted into Windows XP except
> for
> intermittent Blue Screens that seemed to be caused by a driver (NVIDIA
> possibly). These have occured for some time.
>
> More recently, it is worth noting that NOD32 failed to maximize and would
> not run until I removed iTunes from the system (but coexistied for
> months).
> The only new program that I have run for the past few months is Diskeeper
> and
> the 3rd SCSI was new (prior to the driver-related BSODs)
>
> Several days ago I removed the Vista files from my 3rd (SCSI) drive and
> used
> the MBR utility with the - XP notation. Windows XP would still load but
> the
> install was FUBAR. Autoplay is also running continuously. That is what
> prompted me to reformat.
>
> Windows setup told me to run CHKDSK /F on the drives and i did so. The
> drive that was formerly running Vista was said to have had MTF issues, but
> was still readable, as was the IDE with stored data.
>
> Now, I can only boot into XP, but cannot run a reinstall because I get met
> with the 0X0000007B Stop Errors. I have a screenshot of this particular
> error available. The 2nd SCSI drive is not being detected correctly and
> show no partition; the IDE drive does not show at all INCLUDING IN BIOS
> POST.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why I can boot off of my system drive into XP,
> but
> not reinstall and not see my drives? Also, why am I seeing constant
> autoplay
> dialogs? The only way that I can elliminate it is to still RPC and that
> forces a reboot.
>
> Please e-mail me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

Will:

Thank you for your reply. I d id not really see anything t hat pertains to
me. This is not a cloned installation and device drivers aren not needed
during the installation for my SCSI devices. What strikes me as odd is that
this happens w/o ANY physical media installed.

MoBo?