256mb sd ram pc133
27 gig hdd
CDRW
DVD-ROM
floppy drive
Installed win xp pro
Motherboard is M810 series systemboard by pcchips.com.tw
And has onboard everything
(The onboard vga is called somthing like SiS).

I also have an agp slot and card. The agp card is an Geforce 2 mx-400 64mb. I can not install it. In the bios, for disableing the onboard the only options i have are use either onboard agp (which its currently set to) or pci vga.

I tried fitting my agp card with both the monitor cable in the motherboard port and the monitor cable in the agp card. When i turned on my pc with the agp card in i could not see a thing, tried the monitor cable in both mobo and agp port. I need to have my agp card in for the bios to detect that I might want to use it. So i would not just have the options of onboard vga or pci vga.

Can't get into the bios with the agp card in as I can not see a thing. I also dont hear my pc beep on start up like it does when its the agp card is not in. So when i try with the agp card out, as I have said the only options i have are pci vga or onboard vga.

The onboard awfull, i set it to 64mb (its max), this brings my ram down quite a bit.
It runs Return To Castle Wolfenstein but makes my old onboard tnt2 model 64 pro on my last mobo look amazing. If i make sudden movements the screen flashes red and white.

Anybody got any ideas of how I can get my agp card running?

Cheers

-Mark

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
No there was not a jumper for that. Found out that technically AGP still runs throught the PCI bus, so you could call it "PCI VGA" even if it is AGP. I picked the pci vga option and it worked :D.

Cheers for reply svol