WinXP won't load with GeForce MX 400

G

I recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 1600+ XP with a Epox 8KHA+ motherboard (KT266A).

The graphics card works until the final stages of the Windows XP loading process, when graphic curuption occurs and Windows crahes.

I am able to boot into Windows using an old graphics card (Savage S540), when windows loads it shows an error that the graphics card didn't finish a drawing operation on the previous boot and reports that the error occurs in nv4.dll

The card has been used for several months on a K6-III (Eopx MVP3GM motherboard) Running Windows XP and 98se. With no trouble.

I have tried installing the lastest nVidia drivers, Via 4-in-1 drivers, and modifing several bios setting (Disabling FastWrites, Setting AGP to x2, etc)

I Have also installed Windows 98 se on the new computer, I can load into windows, but it is unable to find graphics card.

Any Help with this issue would be appreciated.

Matthew Davey

G

Unfortunately there are no new version of the BIOS available...

I have been able to boot into WinXP in VGA mode but soon as I change the resolution, I get a text screen filled with a random ASCII charater.

svol

Champion
Everything points towards a mobo - videocard issue, try if setting (Primary) Display Device to AGP in the BIOS helps.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

TRENDING THREADS