Is it OK to delete the contents of the Restore Folder?

Hi, I have an urgent need to free up space on my systems drive. There is 1Gb
in a folder called D:>System Volume Information>_restore>RP92. I have
turned off system restore but can I delete the contents of RP92?

Timpatco

Hi

If you have turned SR off those files will be deleted after you reboot your
system. Are you using a 3rd party program instead of SR?

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"timpatco" <timpatco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an urgent need to free up space on my systems drive. There is
> 1Gb
> in a folder called D:>System Volume Information>_restore>RP92. I have
> turned off system restore but can I delete the contents of RP92?
>
> Timpatco

No I am 100% MS unless i have a highly compelling reason, thanks for the
prompt reply , much appreciated,
--
Timpatco

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If you have turned SR off those files will be deleted after you reboot your
> system. Are you using a 3rd party program instead of SR?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "timpatco" <timpatco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have an urgent need to free up space on my systems drive. There is
> > 1Gb
> > in a folder called D:>System Volume Information>_restore>RP92. I have
> > turned off system restore but can I delete the contents of RP92?
> >
> > Timpatco

Hmm.... Tried rebooting but that 1 Gb RP92 file is still there
--
Timpatco

"timpatco" wrote:

> No I am 100% MS unless i have a highly compelling reason, thanks for the
> prompt reply , much appreciated,
> --
> Timpatco
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > If you have turned SR off those files will be deleted after you reboot your
> > system. Are you using a 3rd party program instead of SR?
> >
> > --
> >

> > Will Denny
> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >
> > "timpatco" <timpatco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, I have an urgent need to free up space on my systems drive. There is
> > > 1Gb
> > > in a folder called D:>System Volume Information>_restore>RP92. I have
> > > turned off system restore but can I delete the contents of RP92?
> > >
> > > Timpatco

Hi

And SR is turned off? If you have access to that folder you can try
deleting the file, but I'm not sure why a reboot didn't clear it.

--

> Hmm.... Tried rebooting but that 1 Gb RP92 file is still there
> --
> Timpatco
>

> "timpatco" wrote:
>
>> No I am 100% MS unless i have a highly compelling reason, thanks for the
>> prompt reply , much appreciated,
>> --
>> Timpatco
>>

>> "Will Denny" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > If you have turned SR off those files will be deleted after you reboot
>> > your
>> > system. Are you using a 3rd party program instead of SR?
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> > Will Denny
>> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> > Please reply to the News Groups
>> >
>> > "timpatco" <timpatco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I'll try deleting it fingers crossed!
--
Timpatco

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> And SR is turned off? If you have access to that folder you can try
> deleting the file, but I'm not sure why a reboot didn't clear it.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "timpatco" <timpatco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hmm.... Tried rebooting but that 1 Gb RP92 file is still there
> > --
> > Timpatco
> >

> > "timpatco" wrote:
> >
> >> No I am 100% MS unless i have a highly compelling reason, thanks for the
> >> prompt reply , much appreciated,
> >> --
> >> Timpatco

Hi Will,
Sorry fro the late big thank you. So excited to get the space! Who says only
Penguins care?
--
Timpatco