~7600 with Radeon 8500 on 3Dmark 2001

G

Well, guys. I am getting around 7600 with my radeon 8500 clocked to around 294 in 3Dmark 2001. I was happy till I did a comparison of a similar system on madonion and saw that people are getting upto 8900 with same stuff as me. What am I doing wrong? My setup:
Shuttle AK31 rev 3.1 , PC2400 2.5CL micron ram (2X256 MB) , radeon 8500 lele flashed with retail bios and clocked to 294mhz, XP1800+.

Any help in getting the performance of 3Dmark 2001 up will be apriciated.

Thanks and Regards

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
1 overclocking your CPU/GPU
2 open your case get your room tempurature also low as you can .I live in Québec that was easy, can be hard in florida.
3 update all driver, for leak driver for your 8500 rage3D.com.There some for the AGP/and chipset and maybe a bios update will help
4 Win 98Se improve score
5 At rage3D.com there is a 8500 tweaker with you can overclock and tweak the driver and stting
6 Extreme tweaking disable every thing you dont use.
7 Personally i do custom benchmark EX: i run car chase at 310/290 after my systeme turn to idle so my systeme have the time to cool bettween each benchmark , after 5 minute (around 5 minute) i benchmark lobby.......
8 Also forcing 16 bit buffer on the driver setting improve score and 3dmark still think you are at 24 bit buffer.That a legal cheat.
9 Run cacheman and others tweaker are best result also go change your Bios setting there allwayse some thing to tweak on any mobo.

There some others way that i have done but i have forget some part.

http://service.madonion.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectcompare&projectType=6&projectId=2310900

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
That number is way too low for your system. You need to set the AGP aperture to 128MB, that will probably fix your score.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

If I set the AGP aperture to 128, As soon as I press the benchmark button in 3D mark, the monitor turns off. The machine does not reboot. Just that there is no signal to the monitor. Wonder why that is happening?

G

Well, I figured out why the score was low. My board has 4 DDR slots. I thought I had stuck my two ram dimms in the slot1,2 but I guess they were in number 3,4. I shifted them to slots 1,2 and up goes my performance to 8500. Does shifting ram dimms make so much of a difference?

I had initially set RAM setting from SPD to manual. With it being manual, the system becomes slightly unstable now. I guess I will have to play with my RAM to figure exact values.

Regards
Anuj