Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Hi,

Somehow (certainly not intentionally), the icons in each of the "artist"
folders in "My Music" are arranged by name--but in reverse order (Z to A). I
have a few hundred of these folders and am wondering if there's a way to
reverse the sorting to the normal A to Z without having to do them all
individually.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Rick

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:49:54 -0400, Rick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Somehow (certainly not intentionally), the icons in each of the "artist"
> folders in "My Music" are arranged by name--but in reverse order (Z to A). I
> have a few hundred of these folders and am wondering if there's a way to
> reverse the sorting to the normal A to Z without having to do them all
> individually.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice,
> Rick

If the reverse order is showing up in Open and Save dialogs, this is an old
Windows bug. Open Windows Explorer to the root of the drive - usually C:.
Change view to details. Click the Name column to sort names A-Z. Then press
Ctrl and click the X to close Explorer.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;229070

If the reverse order is showing up in regular folder view, change the view
in the Music folder to Details. Correct the sort order by clicking on the
Name column. Then switch back to your previous View setting.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Click the column headings to change the sort order.
It is a toggle, one click A- Z, click again Z-A

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Rick" <rick@mynews.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Somehow (certainly not intentionally), the icons in each of the "artist"
> folders in "My Music" are arranged by name--but in reverse order (Z to A).
> I have a few hundred of these folders and am wondering if there's a way to
> reverse the sorting to the normal A to Z without having to do them all
> individually.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice,
> Rick

You have been helped. Mark told you how to fix any of your folders. Malke told you how to stop new folders taking the default sort (although it is any file folder - which my music is for this purpose - not just the root of a drive).

Perhaps you wanted to remove your saved settings. Click Reset Folders in folder options and stop acting like a spoilt brat.