Help! Copy & paste stopped working.

All of a sudden, the normal CTRL + C and CTRL + V keystrokes stopped working.
Does anyone know what to do to restore these keystrokes as shortcuts???
This is very annoying, especially when trying to copy and paste links, long
account numbers, and other normal functions I usually perform on the web.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about help copy paste stopped working

    Just the web? Empty your Internet temp cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet
    options, delete files.

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All of a sudden, the normal CTRL + C and CTRL + V keystrokes stopped working.
    > Does anyone know what to do to restore these keystrokes as shortcuts???
    > This is very annoying, especially when trying to copy and paste links, long
    > account numbers, and other normal functions I usually perform on the web.
    > Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

    Which is it, "Copy & paste stopped working" or "the normal CTRL + C and CTRL + V keystrokes stopped working"?

    "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:654B5966-B03B-42AE-966F-31EB496FCE4E@microsoft.com...
    > All of a sudden, the normal CTRL + C and CTRL + V keystrokes stopped working.
    > Does anyone know what to do to restore these keystrokes as shortcuts???
    > This is very annoying, especially when trying to copy and paste links, long
    > account numbers, and other normal functions I usually perform on the web.
    > Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

    I am having the same problem and already tried to delete my Internet temp
    cache. I am using word and internet explorer and after I have been working
    for maybe 45 minutes I cannot use either control C, control V or the actual
    copy and paste function from the file menu. I am not able to copy and paste
    from internet explore to word, word to IE, or even word to word. It has been
    doing this off and on all week. What would you recommend I do.

    "Mary Sauer" wrote:

    > Just the web? Empty your Internet temp cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet
    > options, delete files.
    >
    > --
    > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    > http://office.microsoft.com/
    > http://msauer.mvps.org/
    > "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > All of a sudden, the normal CTRL + C and CTRL + V keystrokes stopped working.
    > > Does anyone know what to do to restore these keystrokes as shortcuts???
    > > This is very annoying, especially when trying to copy and paste links, long
    > > account numbers, and other normal functions I usually perform on the web.
    > > Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Support Microsoft Windows XP