win xp hangs during user switching

My computer recently began hanging when switching between user accounts. Does
not do this all the time,but aggravating when it does. Anyone else have this
difficulty? Any suggestions?

I had this problem when using a program called We-Blocker. It was a glitch
with the programming of We-Blocker. The only solution was to turn Fast User
Switching off (or not use the We-Blocker program).

Check any recently installed programs for issues with Fast User Switching.

"tom9586" wrote:

> My computer recently began hanging when switching between user accounts. Does
> not do this all the time,but aggravating when it does. Anyone else have this
> difficulty? Any suggestions?

Even though it's a recent problem, I'm thinking that it has something to do
with Zone Alarm, if you have ZA, that is.
Mine has worked normally until lately, and the only thing I changed was
installing ZA the latest version, so I did some checking and found that it
is indeed a glitch that they say they are working on. Who knows? Anyway,
if you don't have ZA, check this out, it's a tool that addresses the problem
with Fast User Switch.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

"lvee" wrote:

> Even though it's a recent problem, I'm thinking that it has something to do
> with Zone Alarm, if you have ZA, that is.
> Mine has worked normally until lately, and the only thing I changed was
> installing ZA the latest version, so I did some checking and found that it
> is indeed a glitch that they say they are working on. Who knows? Anyway,
> if you don't have ZA, check this out, it's a tool that addresses the problem
> with Fast User Switch.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en
>

> "tom9586" <tom9586@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer recently began hanging when switching between user accounts.
> > Does
> > not do this all the time,but aggravating when it does. Anyone else have
> > this
> > difficulty? Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks Ivee,
I do have ZA Pro and began having this difficulty soon after installing
update. I'll notify ZA and find out what they have to offer. Turning off fast
switching makes it possible, but is a little slower.

"usasma" wrote:

> I had this problem when using a program called We-Blocker. It was a glitch
> with the programming of We-Blocker. The only solution was to turn Fast User
> Switching off (or not use the We-Blocker program).
>
> Check any recently installed programs for issues with Fast User Switching.
>
> "tom9586" wrote:
>
> > My computer recently began hanging when switching between user accounts. Does
> > not do this all the time,but aggravating when it does. Anyone else have this
> > difficulty? Any suggestions?

Don't have we-blocker, but turning off fast switching makes it possible to
switch without rebooting. Appears to be an issue with latest installed
version of Zone Alarm Pro. They are working on it. Thanks much.