testing out my g3 ti200 with 3dbenchmark..any tips

G

well after readin a lot of posts from people about their benchmark scores i decided i wanted to test mine out to. i just d/l'ed 3dbenchmark but im kinda lost as to what i should set everything to before i run the benchmark. any suggestions?

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
get 3dmark 2001 instead. It is a standard benchmark that everyone knows and uses.

-- There are no answers to find in the bottom of a glass. But you can have fun looking for them.

G

oops..i forgot to mention THAT is the one im using =). anyways i ran a benchmark pretty much w/o changing any settings..i did do it after a reboot and turned off vsync, and at 1024x768, my score was 6334. my system is an xp1600+, 768mb DDR, gf3 ti200 (nvidia driver 21.83), w2k...i am not overclocking anything (only cuz i dont know how YET..hehe) so does my score seem right?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
looks pretty good to me for those settings etc

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

eden

Champion
I have the exact system but with 256 DDR!
What is your mobo?
I got 6292, so we're pretty much close and I am sure that it's the RAM that helped out a bit. But this is indeed a very good score, as when you see the scores on THG, they got that score from a P4 1.8GHZ!!
I then Overclocked it with RivaTuner to 200/420, almost GF3 speeds, and it gave me a whopping 6801!! Man 500 more points for a tad more MHZ!
Truly a worth card since you save money instead of a GF3! Hell many OCed it to Ti500 with stock cooling! Just do it at your own risk!

Special thanks to monkeyspank again for recommending this nifty OC and tweak tool!

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Bah, My system: axp1800+ 512mb ram geforce3 ti200, only got me a 6000 on average. stupid card..who knows what im doing wrong cause i played wid everything :frown:

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

G

im using a soyo dragon+ mobo. i have a leadtek gf3 ti-200t, which unforunately only comes with a gpu fan. i want to overclock it but i think i would have to throw on some ram heatsinks to be on the safe side

eden

Champion
No way man, I think my Asus doesn't even have Ram heatsinks!
Most people say that their Asus don't. So don't worry, small OCs are very minor affecting.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

svol

Champion
have you tried this article:
<A HREF="http://www.nvnews.net/articles/benchmarking.shtml" target="_new">http://www.nvnews.net/articles/benchmarking.shtml</A>

Also it might help in you increase the allowed systemmemory which can be used by Direct3D and OpenGL, it can be found under the advanced driver settings somewhere.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .