10:07 AM 9/1/2005

RE: Text (TXT) Files on WinXP Pro

I use Notepad for creating and reading my text files.
Notepad is unsatisfactory, because it doesn't have some
of the "bells and whistles" that I like; and the cursor
goes all over the place with no input from me. So I used
another text program, EditPad Pro. EditPad Pro worked
fine under Win95 and WinNT (Win98).

However, EditPad Pro does not work well under this
operating system, WinXP Pro with S.P.2. For one thing,
it causes my computer to crash. For another, my other
applications start acting strangely after I use EditPad
Pro.

What other program could I use?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

P.S. I have MS Word, but that program takes too long to

load.

Thought about looking on the internet?
http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+XP+notepad+replacement

--