SetupCopyOEMInfa

September 1, 2005 1:10:02 PM

When my computer starts up, I get an error UIUCU.exe - Entry Point Not Found,
The procedure entry point SetupCopyOEMInfa could not be located in the
dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll. I have windows XP SP2 installed. I
cannot find this file on the windows install disk which came from my
computer. Microsoft is directing me back to dell, but via broken English,
whatever country this rep was in, I can't seem to get an answer there. I've
googled it and found some code, but can't tell how or if I would use that
code. Any one have any thoughts?

If it helps, I have Mcafee privacy protection and get this error as Mcafee
is trying to load and I have to log in as admin (the only user on the setup).
My hard drive crashed back in Dec and Best buy set up the computer like
this. From what I've read, it sounds like Mcafee may be stopping this
execution and if privacy kicked in later, all would be fine. I uninstalled
privacy, but that didn't help.

More about : setupcopyoeminfa

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:31:23 PM

UIUCU.exe is not a Windows XP file. It's something from Conexant Systems.

Products & Tech Info
http://www.conexant.com/products/

Settings". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 495616 bytes (66% of all
occurrence), 540672 bytes.
The application is loaded during the Windows boot process (see Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). File
uiucu.exe is not a Windows core file. uiucu.exe is a Microsoft signed file.
uiucu.exe is able to record inputs, monitor applications. Therefore the
technical security rating is 6% dangerous.]]
http://www.file.net/process/uiucu.exe.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:15DD70FF-6947-4673-ADA4-9EAADAFAE86C@microsoft.com,
bcnu <bcnu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When my computer starts up, I get an error UIUCU.exe - Entry Point Not
> Found, The procedure entry point SetupCopyOEMInfa could not be located in
> the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll. I have windows XP SP2 installed.
> I cannot find this file on the windows install disk which came from my
> computer. Microsoft is directing me back to dell, but via broken English,
> whatever country this rep was in, I can't seem to get an answer there.
> I've googled it and found some code, but can't tell how or if I would use
> that code. Any one have any thoughts?
>
> If it helps, I have Mcafee privacy protection and get this error as Mcafee
> is trying to load and I have to log in as admin (the only user on the
> setup). My hard drive crashed back in Dec and Best buy set up the
> computer like this. From what I've read, it sounds like Mcafee may be
> stopping this execution and if privacy kicked in later, all would be
> fine. I uninstalled privacy, but that didn't help.
September 1, 2005 8:46:20 PM

"bcnu" <bcnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my computer starts up, I get an error UIUCU.exe - Entry Point Not
> Found,
> The procedure entry point SetupCopyOEMInfa could not be located in the
> dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll. I have windows XP SP2 installed. I
> cannot find this file on the windows install disk which came from my
> computer. Microsoft is directing me back to dell, but via broken English,
> whatever country this rep was in, I can't seem to get an answer there.
> I've
> googled it and found some code, but can't tell how or if I would use that
> code. Any one have any thoughts?
Why don't you post this code? Perhaps someone else could help with these
instructions.

> If it helps, I have Mcafee privacy protection and get this error as Mcafee
> is trying to load and I have to log in as admin (the only user on the
> setup).
> My hard drive crashed back in Dec and Best buy set up the computer like
> this. From what I've read, it sounds like Mcafee may be stopping this
> execution and if privacy kicked in later, all would be fine. I uninstalled
> privacy, but that didn't help.

All you did was make your computer even more vulnerable than before.
This sounds to me like malware. If so, it might take less time to perform a
clean install of Windows XP.
I could not locate either of those things on my computer (but, I didn't look
very hard).
Jim
September 1, 2005 10:09:18 PM

> All you did was make your computer even more vulnerable than before.
> This sounds to me like malware. If so, it might take less time to perform
> a clean install of Windows XP.
> I could not locate either of those things on my computer (but, I didn't
> look very hard).
> Jim

This is related to a Conexant modem, it is not malware at all and there is
no need to do a clean install! As one of the other reponses says chheck out
http://www.file.net/process/uiucu.exe.html.

Andy
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 10:09:19 PM

I've checked this site out based on the first recommendation and basically
just saw links back to google and software that claims to fix various things.
I bought doc pro and found lots of problems which look like they've been
fixed so this is probably a good thing, but this issue has not been fixed.
Based on your input, I went back to the link you have and looked again to see
if I was missing something. I'm afraid I'm not seeing what you guys are
pointing me to. Sorry, but can you give me a little more guidance? Thanx
for the input and the clarificaition that it's not malicious. p.s. I led Jim
astray, I uninstalled privacy, when that didn't fix it, I've reinstalled this
to keep myself protected.

"Andrew" wrote:

> > All you did was make your computer even more vulnerable than before.
> > This sounds to me like malware. If so, it might take less time to perform
> > a clean install of Windows XP.
> > I could not locate either of those things on my computer (but, I didn't
> > look very hard).
> > Jim
>

> This is related to a Conexant modem, it is not malware at all and there is
> no need to do a clean install! As one of the other reponses says chheck out
> http://www.file.net/process/uiucu.exe.html.
>
> Andy

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 10:09:20 PM

SETUPAPI.dll is a file which installers and setup applications use.

SETUPAPI.dll is a Windows XP file.

Conexant Systems manufactures modems. There is also software that comes
with the modems.

This link lists all Conexant Systems...
Products & Tech Info
http://www.conexant.com/products/

What kind of modem do you have? What brand is it? Is it a Conexant modem?

Do a Search on your machine for UIUCU.exe.
The folder or folder path UIUCU.exe is in will offer clues.
When found, right click UIUCU.exe, select Properties and click the Version
tab.
Click a category on the left to display the information on the right.

Other version information
Item Name:
Company
File Version
Internal Name
Language
Original File Name
Product Name
Product Version

Sometimes, if someone was really industrious, there is info under the
Summary tab also.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2523923C-7727-4D49-997B-7C5379DE7F95@microsoft.com,
bcnu <bcnu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I've checked this site out based on the first recommendation and basically
> just saw links back to google and software that claims to fix various
> things. I bought doc pro and found lots of problems which look like
> they've been fixed so this is probably a good thing, but this issue has
> not been fixed. Based on your input, I went back to the link you have and
> looked again to see if I was missing something. I'm afraid I'm not
> seeing what you guys are pointing me to. Sorry, but can you give me a
> little more guidance? Thanx for the input and the clarificaition that
> it's not malicious. p.s. I led Jim astray, I uninstalled privacy, when
> that didn't fix it, I've reinstalled this to keep myself protected.
>

> "Andrew" wrote:
>

>>> All you did was make your computer even more vulnerable than before.
>>> This sounds to me like malware. If so, it might take less time to
>>> perform a clean install of Windows XP.
>>> I could not locate either of those things on my computer (but, I didn't
>>> look very hard).
>>> Jim
>>

>> This is related to a Conexant modem, it is not malware at all and there
>> is no need to do a clean install! As one of the other reponses says
>> chheck out http://www.file.net/process/uiucu.exe.html.
>>
>> Andy
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 10:09:21 PM

I think you've turned the light bulb on for me. This worked (I have
2.1.5.0). I didn't realize cnexant made the modems so I'll find out what
kind I have and work with the link you have provided. Thank you very much, I
finally feel I am moments away from solving this problem, but I also feel
that it's not much of an issue since I use broadband. Both are good news.

Thanx again.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> SETUPAPI.dll is a file which installers and setup applications use.
>
> SETUPAPI.dll is a Windows XP file.
>
> Conexant Systems manufactures modems. There is also software that comes
> with the modems.
>
> This link lists all Conexant Systems...
> Products & Tech Info
> http://www.conexant.com/products/
>
> What kind of modem do you have? What brand is it? Is it a Conexant modem?
>
> Do a Search on your machine for UIUCU.exe.
> The folder or folder path UIUCU.exe is in will offer clues.
> When found, right click UIUCU.exe, select Properties and click the Version
> tab.
> Click a category on the left to display the information on the right.
>
> Other version information
> Item Name:
> Company
> File Version
> Internal Name
> Language
> Original File Name
> Product Name
> Product Version
>
> Sometimes, if someone was really industrious, there is info under the
> Summary tab also.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:2523923C-7727-4D49-997B-7C5379DE7F95@microsoft.com,
> bcnu <bcnu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I've checked this site out based on the first recommendation and basically
> > just saw links back to google and software that claims to fix various
> > things. I bought doc pro and found lots of problems which look like
> > they've been fixed so this is probably a good thing, but this issue has
> > not been fixed. Based on your input, I went back to the link you have and
> > looked again to see if I was missing something. I'm afraid I'm not
> > seeing what you guys are pointing me to. Sorry, but can you give me a
> > little more guidance? Thanx for the input and the clarificaition that
> > it's not malicious. p.s. I led Jim astray, I uninstalled privacy, when
> > that didn't fix it, I've reinstalled this to keep myself protected.

> >> This is related to a Conexant modem, it is not malware at all and there
> >> is no need to do a clean install! As one of the other reponses says
> >> chheck out http://www.file.net/process/uiucu.exe.html.
> >>
> >> Andy

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 10:09:22 PM

What is 2.1.5.0?

In order to use broadband you still need a modem, unless you're referring an
old onboard dial up modem.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes