wrong location for MY DOCUMENT folder

Sp00nLude

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2002
Hi guys,

I don't know what happened, maybe ZAP did something, but when i click on username_documents under MY COMPUTER it brings me to an empty folder and the folder location is not what its suppose to be, instead its something like DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS/LOCAL SERVICES..
Is there a way to change the target location of that folder? If so, how? TIA!

FYI, I use winXP Home

G

Try right clicking on the My Documents folder in the start menu, then click on properties. Click on restore defaults and see if that helps. If it doesn't do the trick, you can point it where to look for your documents.

Sp00nLude

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2002
Hi
sorry if i wasn't being clear, the MY DOCUMENTS folder is fine, it showed everything, but it is the USERNAME_DOCUMENTS folder under MY COMPUTER that is not having a correct link. I only have 3 tabs General , Sharing, and Customize. So i cant have a RESTORE DEFAULT from that. Thanks

G

You said it right the first time. They are the same folder with different names. It's just that you can't change the target location from the my computer screen. Only the desktop or the start menu. Somehow the target location got changed on you.

<A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310147&Product=winxp" target="_new">How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder</A>