Windows Vista boots issue

I installed Windows Vista on My XP macin, but on another hard drive, I
checked it out and then after a while I reformated the HD, and removed
Windows Vista from the boot.ini, making my XP set as the default.
With Vista removed from my hard drive, well for some reason every time I
boot my XP system I have to choose the XP system. If I do not make it before
the 30 secons I get a message that the operating system is missing.

Any ideas, is there a new way to program the MBR.

Andrew

"Jose Perez | Westcom Tech" <JosePerezWestcomTech@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:6A53D397-EB3B-49C4-8F9F-439C5A363D65@microsoft.com...
>I installed Windows Vista on My XP macin, but on another hard drive, I
> checked it out and then after a while I reformated the HD, and removed
> Windows Vista from the boot.ini, making my XP set as the default.
> With Vista removed from my hard drive, well for some reason every time I
> boot my XP system I have to choose the XP system. If I do not make it
> before
> the 30 secons I get a message that the operating system is missing.
>
> Any ideas, is there a new way to program the MBR.

Boot.ini needs editing.

Control Panel \ System \ Advanced \ Start and Recovery - click the settings
button

Andy

Well you didn't remove it prooperly from boot.ini.