Nextel i860, no vibration on silent.

Last response: in Network Providers
November 28, 2004 6:53:32 PM

Anyone else having this problem? When I turned the volume all the way
down to silent, the phone will not vibrate. I've checked my wife's
phone and when I do the same exact thing to hers, the phone will
vibrate.

I often miss calls and miss text messages. I am pass my 15 day trial
period, and I only have insurance for lost/damaged/stolen equipment.
I've thought about the insurance "thing," but I don't want to pay a
$100.00 deductible for a phone that is just over a month old.

I don't like third party retailers, because they will try to charge me
for a fix even though the phone is under warranty. Is sending the
phone back to Motorola my only option (without having to pay)? I also
don't want a refurbished phone (yes, I know about their policy), but I
feel by paying almost $400.00, I should not get a used phone in
return.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 2:25:26 AM

In message <tvhkq0hfpebriu0fs4ms4d19m652ugr2co@4ax.com> Sharon Needles
<sharonneedles@HIVpositive.org> wrote:

>Anyone else having this problem? When I turned the volume all the way
>down to silent, the phone will not vibrate. I've checked my wife's
>phone and when I do the same exact thing to hers, the phone will
>vibrate.

I'm not familiar with the i860, but the way the i730 and lower phones
work, look in the ringtone list, one of the ring tone options will be
"vibrate" -- Once this is selected, the ring volume doesn't matter, it
will vibrate no matter what.

>I don't like third party retailers, because they will try to charge me
>for a fix even though the phone is under warranty. Is sending the
>phone back to Motorola my only option (without having to pay)? I also
>don't want a refurbished phone (yes, I know about their policy), but I
>feel by paying almost $400.00, I should not get a used phone in
>return.

Are you sending them a brand new phone? If not, why do you expect a new
one in return?

--
Nobody ever lost money underestimating the human intelligence.
-- P.T.Barnum

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:53:32 -0600, Sharon Needles
<sharonneedles@HIVpositive.org> said in alt.cellular.nextel:

>I don't like third party retailers, because they will try to charge me
>for a fix even though the phone is under warranty. Is sending the
>phone back to Motorola my only option (without having to pay)? I also
>don't want a refurbished phone (yes, I know about their policy), but I
>feel by paying almost $400.00, I should not get a used phone in
>return.

1) You agreed to accept a "used phone" in return for yours if yours
needed a warranty repair. (Read the actual warranty.)

2) Your phone is used, so why should you get a new one in return?
(Refurbs may only be "used" a few minutes.)
!