How to transfer Windows to new Hard Drive

I was using Windows XP Prof on my PC, and was supplied with a Recovery CD
for Windows along with my PC, and the Hard Drive crashed, Now i wish to
install Windows on a new Hard Drive, but the CD is a recover CD.
How do i install Windows to new Hard Drive without encountering the problem
of CD Key already being registered.... Please help.

D.P.S.
1 answer Last reply
More about transfer windows hard drive

    If the internet activation procedure fails, then follow the procedure to "activate by phone".

    How to activate Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307890

    Description of Microsoft Product Activation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302806

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "D.P.Singh" wrote:

    | I was using Windows XP Prof on my PC, and was supplied with a Recovery CD
    | for Windows along with my PC, and the Hard Drive crashed, Now i wish to
    | install Windows on a new Hard Drive, but the CD is a recover CD.
    | How do i install Windows to new Hard Drive without encountering the problem
    | of CD Key already being registered.... Please help.
    |
    | D.P.S.

Hard Drives CD-Rom Windows XP