Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but i cannot
find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a hidden folder.
Does anyone know how i can find it because search can't find it either!

Go into Windows Explorer>select Tools>
Folder Options>View>click on Show hidden files and folders and
Uncheck Hide protected operating system files

You can find it easier thru Windows Explorer.
HTH
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
>I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but i
>cannot
> find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a hidden folder.
> Does anyone know how i can find it because search can't find it either!

Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Its not in the hidden folders either. Its weird, too, because programs that
require a system 32 document/file start up fine. Please someone help me!

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Go into Windows Explorer>select Tools>
> Folder Options>View>click on Show hidden files and folders and
> Uncheck Hide protected operating system files
>
> You can find it easier thru Windows Explorer.
> HTH
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> --
> "Jared" wrote
> >I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but i
> >cannot
> > find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a hidden folder.
> > Does anyone know how i can find it because search can't find it either!

Is your Windows folder named \WINNT or \Windows ? and you used Windows Explorer to drill down below that folder?
and the sub-folder is named System32 (without any space).

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Jared wrote:
> Its not in the hidden folders either. Its weird, too, because
> programs that require a system 32 document/file start up fine.
> Please someone help me!
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> Go into Windows Explorer>select Tools>
>> Folder Options>View>click on Show hidden files and folders and
>> Uncheck Hide protected operating system files
>>
>> You can find it easier thru Windows Explorer.
>> HTH
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> --
>> "Jared" wrote
>>> I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS
>>> but i cannot
>>> find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a hidden
>>> folder. Does anyone know how i can find it because search can't
>>> find it either!

Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I found it. if was just a hidden system folder. i wasn't looking hard enough