Volume Shadow Copy Problems

I just re-installed Windows XP on my computer and when using NTBackup if I
don't disable volume shadow copy backup freezes and a new hardware notice
pops up wanting to install a driver for Generic Volume Shadow Copy.

Thanks,
--
John

JS TechSolutions
http://www.jstechs.com
2 answers Last reply
More about volume shadow copy problems

    UPDATE:

    NTBackup will work, but if I don't disable Volume Shadow copy it will ask me
    to install a driver for "Generic Volume Shadow Copy" new hardware each time.

    After it searches for a driver it finds something, which is not certified,
    and if I use it anyway backup will proceed.

    Anyone?

    Thanks,
  2. you could try an upgrade install of xp, in xp. it can result in some minor glitches, such as an app that needs reinstalling, but helps save important work and data.

Windows XP