Can't restore data from backup file since re-installing XP

Anyone able to advise on this:

Following intermittent freezing and general glitchy performance, I was
advised to re-install XP as a clean install. I first backed up all my data
files using the utility which came with the original OEM machine.

During the re-installation, I first formatted the C partition, then did the
install from the CD which came with my system. It installed a basic looking
XP (no icons on the desktop, apart from the recycle bin) but the backup file
is still there on the D drive (Phew!). However, the backup/recover utility
doesn't appear under the accessories so I can't actually restore my data.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Andrew

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP