Nothing really happens. I click on the icon under 'system tools', my
cursor briefly turns to an hourglass and then nothing...it just doesn't
want to start. Microsoft flight simulator is exhibiting similar
behaviour. I haven't found anything else yet that is not working but I
suppose that would take a long time with all the various programs
installed.

Is there a way to reinstall the system restore utility withour
reinstalling Windows?

--
zoobie

ShawnM

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003

Well there is two types of system restore:

A restore, which just re-installs the basic programs that came with your
computer, (which won't fix many problems) really comes in handy if you
uninstalled something and you want it back.

There is also a refomat and restore. This means that you are totally
erasing your hard drive and then reinstalling Windows.

So if you are doing the first option, you will be fine. Yet if you do the
second option all data you have on your hard drive will be lost

"zoobie" wrote:

> Nothing really happens. I click on the icon under 'system tools', my
> cursor briefly turns to an hourglass and then nothing...it just doesn't
> want to start. Microsoft flight simulator is exhibiting similar
> behaviour. I haven't found anything else yet that is not working but I
> suppose that would take a long time with all the various programs
> installed.
>
> Is there a way to reinstall the system restore utility withour
> reinstalling Windows?
>

> --
> zoobie

Yes.