XP Home sp2 cd-rom drivers corrupt.

Both cd-roms: LG cd-rom & Liteon cdrw have stopped reading disks. Both are
plug/play, using xp drivers. They are recognized by explorer, no issues
according to the device driver. Both spin up, but won't read disk. In win
explorer, selecting the LG cd-rom produces a red X: E:\ is not accessible,
incorrect function. The Lite-on did the same thing, until I
downloaded/installed the firmware from the mfg. Not it acts like it is at
least looking at the disk, but it doesn't see anything.
-- Is there anyway to re-install the xp drivers (remember I can't read a CD)?
-- Do you think I could re-install the xp drivers from the "Installation
Boot Disks" that can be made on floppys? I can't run the recovery console
since I can't read my xp installation disk.

Also, I checked in the Computer Management System Viewer log for any issues,
and everytime I try either cd-rom, the viewer logs the successful "signal
start", "running" and the "stopping" of the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service".

Any insight and help is gratefully apprciated.

GooBoy
1 answer Last reply
More about home drivers corrupt

    I now discover that my A:\ drive is not working. Ok, I definitely need to
    get steered in the right direction. Anyone with ideas?

    "GooBoy" wrote:

    > Both cd-roms: LG cd-rom & Liteon cdrw have stopped reading disks. Both are
    > plug/play, using xp drivers. They are recognized by explorer, no issues
    > according to the device driver. Both spin up, but won't read disk. In win
    > explorer, selecting the LG cd-rom produces a red X: E:\ is not accessible,
    > incorrect function. The Lite-on did the same thing, until I
    > downloaded/installed the firmware from the mfg. Not it acts like it is at
    > least looking at the disk, but it doesn't see anything.
    > -- Is there anyway to re-install the xp drivers (remember I can't read a CD)?
    > -- Do you think I could re-install the xp drivers from the "Installation
    > Boot Disks" that can be made on floppys? I can't run the recovery console
    > since I can't read my xp installation disk.
    >
    > Also, I checked in the Computer Management System Viewer log for any issues,
    > and everytime I try either cd-rom, the viewer logs the successful "signal
    > start", "running" and the "stopping" of the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service".
    >
    > Any insight and help is gratefully apprciated.
    >
    > GooBoy

Drivers CD-Rom Windows XP