XP Home sp2 cd-rom drivers corrupt.

a b \ Driver
September 1, 2005 11:35:02 PM

Both cd-roms: LG cd-rom & Liteon cdrw have stopped reading disks. Both are
plug/play, using xp drivers. They are recognized by explorer, no issues
according to the device driver. Both spin up, but won't read disk. In win
explorer, selecting the LG cd-rom produces a red X: E:\ is not accessible,
incorrect function. The Lite-on did the same thing, until I
downloaded/installed the firmware from the mfg. Not it acts like it is at
least looking at the disk, but it doesn't see anything.
-- Is there anyway to re-install the xp drivers (remember I can't read a CD)?
-- Do you think I could re-install the xp drivers from the "Installation
Boot Disks" that can be made on floppys? I can't run the recovery console
since I can't read my xp installation disk.

Also, I checked in the Computer Management System Viewer log for any issues,
and everytime I try either cd-rom, the viewer logs the successful "signal
start", "running" and the "stopping" of the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service".

Any insight and help is gratefully apprciated.

GooBoy
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 2, 2005 12:07:01 AM

I now discover that my A:\ drive is not working. Ok, I definitely need to
get steered in the right direction. Anyone with ideas?

!