Explorer application error

The instruction at "0x0ca415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000".The
memory could not be written

click on ok to terminate the program
click onCancel to bebug

anyways this is the message I get everytime I r clik on a file on the
desktop ie exe. rar and zip files. I've tried everthig including debug. Ran
spyware etc and nothing. My other computer that is in this network is doing
the same thing. Thebody of the error message remains the same but the
locations do change.
Appreciate any ideas.

bob
5 answers Last reply
More about explorer application error

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "docredbeard" <docredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F7989D7-FC8E-4FC3-8960-B47DCC065748@microsoft.com...
    > The instruction at "0x0ca415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000".The
    > memory could not be written
    >
    > click on ok to terminate the program
    > click onCancel to bebug
    >
    > anyways this is the message I get everytime I r clik on a file on the
    > desktop ie exe. rar and zip files. I've tried everthig including debug. Ran
    > spyware etc and nothing. My other computer that is in this network is doing
    > the same thing. Thebody of the error message remains the same but the
    > locations do change.
    > Appreciate any ideas.
    >
    > bob

    Thanks for the response but I tried running SFC /SCANNOW three times and
    still receive the same errors. I read the event log and it seems to be
    pointing to a device driver. It happens frequently now when I (r) click on
    files.I thought maybe it was the wireless mx 1000 mouse so I updated all the
    drivers and nothing. Here is a copy of the log.

    Any and all help is extremely appreciated.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7036
    Date: 9/2/2005
    Time: 8:32:03 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: REDBEAR
    The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.

    Thanks
    bob

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "docredbeard" <docredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F7989D7-FC8E-4FC3-8960-B47DCC065748@microsoft.com...
    > > The instruction at "0x0ca415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000".The
    > > memory could not be written
    > >
    > > click on ok to terminate the program
    > > click onCancel to bebug
    > >
    > > anyways this is the message I get everytime I r clik on a file on the
    > > desktop ie exe. rar and zip files. I've tried everthig including debug. Ran
    > > spyware etc and nothing. My other computer that is in this network is doing
    > > the same thing. Thebody of the error message remains the same but the
    > > locations do change.
    > > Appreciate any ideas.
    > >
    > > bob

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

    Mark L. Ferguson
    "docredbeard" <docredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9245CA34-A8FC-41C9-BBFE-100FA860B128@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks for the response but I tried running SFC /SCANNOW three times and
    > still receive the same errors. I read the event log and it seems to be
    > pointing to a device driver. It happens frequently now when I (r) click on
    > files.I thought maybe it was the wireless mx 1000 mouse so I updated all the
    > drivers and nothing. Here is a copy of the log.
    >
    > Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
    >
    > Event Type: Information
    > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 7036
    > Date: 9/2/2005
    > Time: 8:32:03 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: REDBEAR
    > The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.

    > Thanks
    > bob
    >

    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "docredbeard" <docredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F7989D7-FC8E-4FC3-8960-B47DCC065748@microsoft.com...
    >> > The instruction at "0x0ca415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000".The
    >> > memory could not be written
    >> >
    >> > click on ok to terminate the program
    >> > click onCancel to bebug
    >> >
    >> > anyways this is the message I get everytime I r clik on a file on the
    >> > desktop ie exe. rar and zip files. I've tried everthig including debug. Ran
    >> > spyware etc and nothing. My other computer that is in this network is doing
    >> > the same thing. Thebody of the error message remains the same but the
    >> > locations do change.
    >> > Appreciate any ideas.
    >> >
    >> > bob

    Fantastic reply.Thanks for your help Mark.After tearing my hair out I was
    able to remedy this problem with the information and resources you supplied.
    It ended up being the google toolbar that was causing the contex
    problem..Many....Many thanks.
    bob

    "docredbeard" wrote:

    > Thanks for the response but I tried running SFC /SCANNOW three times and
    > still receive the same errors. I read the event log and it seems to be
    > pointing to a device driver. It happens frequently now when I (r) click on
    > files.I thought maybe it was the wireless mx 1000 mouse so I updated all the
    > drivers and nothing. Here is a copy of the log.
    >
    > Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
    >
    > Event Type: Information
    > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 7036
    > Date: 9/2/2005
    > Time: 8:32:03 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: REDBEAR
    > The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.

    > Thanks
    > bob
    >

    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    > > To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mark L. Ferguson
    > > FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    > > "docredbeard" <docredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F7989D7-FC8E-4FC3-8960-B47DCC065748@microsoft.com...
    > > > The instruction at "0x0ca415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000".The
    > > > memory could not be written
    > > >
    > > > click on ok to terminate the program
    > > > click onCancel to bebug
    > > >
    > > > anyways this is the message I get everytime I r clik on a file on the
    > > > desktop ie exe. rar and zip files. I've tried everthig including debug. Ran
    > > > spyware etc and nothing. My other computer that is in this network is doing
    > > > the same thing. Thebody of the error message remains the same but the
    > > > locations do change.
    > > > Appreciate any ideas.
    > > >
    > > > bob

    Thanks Mark for your remedy. After nights of tearing my hair out I was able
    to remedy theis problem with the suggestions and links you provided.
    Excellent.....Excellent

    bob

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >

    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "docredbeard" <docredbeard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9245CA34-A8FC-41C9-BBFE-100FA860B128@microsoft.com...
    > > Thanks for the response but I tried running SFC /SCANNOW three times and
    > > still receive the same errors. I read the event log and it seems to be
    > > pointing to a device driver. It happens frequently now when I (r) click on
    > > files.I thought maybe it was the wireless mx 1000 mouse so I updated all the
    > > drivers and nothing. Here is a copy of the log.
    > >
    > > Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
    > >
    > > Event Type: Information
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7036
    > > Date: 9/2/2005
    > > Time: 8:32:03 AM
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: REDBEAR
    > > The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.

    > > Thanks
    > > bob
    > >

    > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > >
    > >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Mark L. Ferguson
    > >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

Windows XP