naked gf2

G

I got a gf2 with my computer but it had no ramsinks or fan for the processor on it. Where can i find these parts aftermarket?

I know a sorny when i see one.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
do a search on pricewatch.com for a thermaltake crystal orb .. it is a aftermarket hsf for gpu's and chipsets.. under 20 bux and works fine .. for that card you probably don't need ramsinks but they are available all over the place if you insist

lagger

<b><font color=blue>** Speed 2108(down)/365(up) kbps **
(At least 42 times faster than a 56k modem) </font color=blue>

svol

Champion
If it already has a heatsink on the GPU and you want a fan you might want to use an old Pentium CPU fan, they are the same size. Or you just buy a new heatsink with fan and place that on it. Don't think you will need Ramsinks unless you're overclocking.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

eden

Champion
Who or what kind of [-peep-] gives a GF2 to a consumer without a GPU HSF??? I mean ain't that gonna burn? The guy should return it and get a full refund and complain.

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Agreed. I've seen GF2MXs without a heatsink and fan. The the GF2MX doesn't get very hot but without a heatsink and fan, it ain't gonna overclock much.

To the poster: Get a ThermalTake Blue Orb or Crystal Orb.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AMD_Man on 02/03/02 05:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
in my friends Dell computer I can read "Geforce 2 MX" plain as day on the GPU. They didn't even spend the few pennies to put a passive cooler on the GPU. Shows how much dell cares if you ask me.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer

G

I think the simplest way of staiting it would to say

Dell=crap!

Any company that welds the computers components to the motherboard should be.....

I dont know. I just hope the general public can gain some ouce of intelligence when it comes to computers. Then maybe companys like Dell and *cough*Intel would go out of buisness for good.

Admittedly this is pretty wishful thinking

bikeman

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
And what if it doesn't need any cooling? Not everybody goes into overclocking, so not everybody needs a cooler.
Concerning Dell, I think they make quite nice computers. Not for the harware enthousiast (although ...), but for the average user I think Dell computers (or any other manufacturer of that kind) are not that bad. Lowest prices for reasonable hardware. You just have to choose the right model. But that is my humble opinion ...

bikeman

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Why is it then that everybody is complaining that Dell is ruining the pre-built system's market by selling at such low prices? At least, that's what our economics-professor told us ... I think that if I were ever to buy a pre-built computer, it would be a Dell. I think they are the cheapest in their market-segment.

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
I think that if I were ever to buy a pre-built computer, it would be a Dell. I think they are the cheapest in their market-segment.
ROFL and the crapiest as well!!

If you want to buy a pre-built system at least go for a IBM , HP or even a "brand"clone like your local shop sell but please not a Dell,before sell service, man they are the best there is but they are the worst there is when it comes to afther sell service.

Sorry for my spelling I'm french...hey I ain't perfect!

TRENDING THREADS