Screensavers

For some reason I no longer have the "Screensaver" tab when I go to the
properties section from my desktop.

Hi,
I think some of your Registry settings are changed. To solve this problem
follow these steps.

1. Open your registry. Click START - RUN. type "regedit" and hi enter.
2. go to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
System folder
3. delete the " NoDispScrSavPage " value

"skipster" <skipster@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
yazdý:13FCAB09-8C30-49AA-9636-28EEE433EFED@microsoft.com...

"Cankat Akdemir" wrote:

> Hi,
> I think some of your Registry settings are changed. To solve this problem
> follow these steps.
>
> 1. Open your registry. Click START - RUN. type "regedit" and hi enter.
> 2. go to the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
> System folder
> 3. delete the " NoDispScrSavPage " value
>

> "skipster" <skipster@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
> yazdý:13FCAB09-8C30-49AA-9636-28EEE433EFED@microsoft.com...
> > For some reason I no longer have the "Screensaver" tab when I go to the
> > properties section from my desktop.
>

> I did as you said, but when I got to the "system folder" the line NODISPSCRSAVPAGE was not there for me to delete?

Read the instructions at the top
285. Right hand side
Restore All Display Tabs

See also...
Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/

Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:23BB1C0D-363A-4D90-97A6-3751569A097B@microsoft.com,
skipster <skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Read the instructions at the top
> 285. Right hand side
> Restore All Display Tabs
>
> See also...
> Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
> to Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/
>
> Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:23BB1C0D-363A-4D90-97A6-3751569A097B@microsoft.com,
> skipster <skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > "Cankat Akdemir" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I think some of your Registry settings are changed. To solve this problem
> >> follow these steps.
> >>
> >> 1. Open your registry. Click START - RUN. type "regedit" and hi enter.
> >> 2. go to the
> >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
> >> System folder
> >> 3. delete the " NoDispScrSavPage " value
> >>

> >> "skipster" <skipster@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde
> >> þunlarý yazdý:13FCAB09-8C30-49AA-9636-28EEE433EFED@microsoft.com...
> >>

> >> I did as you said, but when I got to the "system folder" the line
> >> NODISPSCRSAVPAGE was not there for me to delete?
>
> When I type in "gpedit.msc" on the open line of "run" I get an error window saying that windows can not find "gpedit.msc" , check spelling etc etc. What's wrong
?

gpedit.msc is the Group Policy Editor. gpedit.msc does not exist on XP
Home, this is only available with XP Pro.

Use Kelly's fix.

In news:0DCEF821-88D3-40F3-BE2A-1A4F9BE87C13@microsoft.com,

"Cankat Akdemir" wrote:

> Hi,
> I think some of your Registry settings are changed. To solve this problem
> follow these steps.
>
> 1. Open your registry. Click START - RUN. type "regedit" and hi enter.
> 2. go to the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
> System folder
> 3. delete the " NoDispScrSavPage " value
>

> "skipster" <skipster@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
> yazdý:13FCAB09-8C30-49AA-9636-28EEE433EFED@microsoft.com...
> > For some reason I no longer have the "Screensaver" tab when I go to the
> > properties section from my desktop.
>

> I did as you said and the problem cleared itself, thank you

sprucio

I am having the same problem like this one but everytime I reboot, this
registry entry is always there.

Is there a way to track this particular key to see what's causing this to
happen?

There are more than one registry keys involved.

Use Kelly's fix.

Read the instructions at the top
285. Right hand side
Restore All Display Tabs

REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and
selecting Edit.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes