G4 being advertised early

G

Geforce-4/MX440 A170DDR-T: 64M DDR 4ns AGP4x w/TV-out, cables, 2 game CDs, $200 (canadian)

A local computer company has put this on there site early for when the G4 come out they will have customers.
I think after looking at the price, I dont think the 4's are going to be effecting the 3 series due to it probably is a totally different architecture.IE: the kind that is meant for note book GPU's. Im a little dissapointed. Maybe Im ahead of myself, but if the price is that low they couldnt have invested that much into it.

I hope it gets better then this....

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Only the MX version of the GeForce 4 will be crap (we think it's a castrated GeForce 3 core). The other GeForce 4's will be faster than the GeForce 3.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The other Geforce 4s will have a 2nd pixel shader on them, not to mention higher core/memory clocks. I'm also pretty sure theres more to the card than just a 2nd pixel shader. Should be some other new features on it too.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
hehe, then the CPU does practically nothing! That would suck then as gaming would be 100% dependant on the graphics card and upgrading the CPU would be pointless for gaming!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
There still be other things the CPU needs to calculate, one of them being overhead. I think one would still need a good CPU, but it would no longer be the bottleneck. Hmm, I feel my proc is kinda slow now...is 1.2 Ghz piece of crap these days?

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.