I would realllllllly appreciate some help

A couple of nights ago my computer started acting funny, running slow
and had a new toolbar that i didnt put there, well i thought i had
fixed the virus/spyware or whatever it was, but now my anti-virus
program isnt working. like, i click on the shortcut or the name in the
start list but nothing happens, plus wen im trying to open a word
document from my pen drive it gets as far as saying something about
scanning for viruses. Now word is only opening in safe mode... i really
have no idea what to do and im kinda worried because i have a heap of
assignments i HAVE to be doing at the moment. Any help would be
appreciated, thanks.

--
lalala_04

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

In article <LLZRe.308$pt.14@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
>
> Ewido Security Suite Trial version
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe

Do not download software from unapproved NON-VENDOR sites as you never
know what you are really getting. In this case the vendors have not
approved this person to COPY their software to his site and distribute
it.

Please just do a google search for the Vendors site and get a
legit/approved version that you can feel safe in downloading and running
on your computer.

Also, do not post Hijack logs to this group, there are groups and
message boards specifically that cater to HJ users.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

"Do not download software from unapproved NON-VENDOR sites as you never know
what you are really getting."

Absolutely right. No offense to pcbutts. S/he means well and the links are
probably fine. But as a rule, Leythos is right. In addition to the guarantee
that you're getting genuine software, the vendor's web site has official
information and advice on installing and using the software.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> In article <LLZRe.308$pt.14@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
> > Download, install, update and run all of the following.
> >
> > Ad-Aware
> > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
> >
> > Spybot search and destroy
> > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
> >
> > Ewido Security Suite Trial version
> > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe
>
> Do not download software from unapproved NON-VENDOR sites as you never
> know what you are really getting. In this case the vendors have not
> approved this person to COPY their software to his site and distribute
> it.
>
> Please just do a google search for the Vendors site and get a
> legit/approved version that you can feel safe in downloading and running
> on your computer.
>
> Also, do not post Hijack logs to this group, there are groups and
> message boards specifically that cater to HJ users.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

In article <OH50O2#rFHA.908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, teddyz@notmail.com
says...
> "Do not download software from unapproved NON-VENDOR sites as you never know
> what you are really getting."
>
> Absolutely right. No offense to pcbutts. S/he means well and the links are
> probably fine. But as a rule, Leythos is right. In addition to the guarantee
> that you're getting genuine software, the vendor's web site has official
> information and advice on installing and using the software.

If Butts wanted to properly do it, as he's been told, and based on how
the different vendors ask you to do it, he would post LINKS to the
VENDORS sites like the rest of us do. Two of the vendors I've contacted
about it have not given permission for him to HOST the files on HIS
PRIVATE website - and he's not following their Mirror rules either.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Best thing you can do is to disable system restore which will delete all the
system restore information (also known as system volume infromation) and then
run whats called an MS DOS or safe mode scan , if you have a virus scanner
such as Mcafee or Norton there will be a section on how to do this , once you
have got rid of the infections , re-enable system restore again

hope that helps! :D