Use windows XP in a different lanuage (koeran)

My wife is korean and I created a login account for her but she doesn't
understand english . I was wandering if it were possible to convert english
to koeran. I use home xp.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows lanuage koeran

    Hi

    I'm afraid that you can't change the Language of XP. You would have to
    purchase a Retail copy of XP in Korean then dual boot both versions. Unless
    you wanted to replace the English version with the Korean one.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "kerry" <kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My wife is korean and I created a login account for her but she doesn't
    > understand english . I was wandering if it were possible to convert
    > english
    > to koeran. I use home xp.

    Go to where you bought the computer and ask if they will order you a language pack. You can only buy language packs with a new computer (or if you are a large company). Also I doubt it will work on home - probably needs Pro (so ask for OEM pro and a language pack - the pont is to link it to your previous sale of the computer).

    But you CANNOT but the language pack in a shop - with or without XP - only with XP with a new computer.

    Only the English version can use language packs. EG English can have Korean (or anything else) but Korean can't have English. Korean programs should work on English XP.

    You can buy a Korean XP and dual boot between English and Korean XP.
    "kerry" <kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E605EAF-E80E-4B77-9954-666F5C1A1620@microsoft.com...
    > My wife is korean and I created a login account for her but she doesn't
    > understand english . I was wandering if it were possible to convert english
    > to koeran. I use home xp.

Support Microsoft Windows XP