WOLFHAWK

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
im new at this so please bare with me.. i want to upgrade my graphics card. I want to do a lil gaming, watch some DVDs, and i do alot of photos with Photo shop and paint shop pro. Right now i have the following installed in my computer a cd burner and a Creative PC-DVD.. the cards are Creative labs 3D Blaster Banshee 8meg AGP and a Creative labs Dxr3 decoder card for the dvd. both these are connected by a Loopback cable for video signals from the VGA card to the Dxr3 card. I want to get something better but dont want to go broke doing it.
Some system info.. im running a amd athlon 1500+,,256 megs of pc133 ram 300 watt power supply and a ECS mobo
K7S5A with windows 98
thanks for any help and advice anyone can give me..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
For around $35 you can find a Diamond Viper V770, which is the full version TNT2 card (not the cut down Vanta or M64 model). For around $50 you can get an MX400. For around $75 you can get the original Radeon 7500. The V770 is worth about twice the performance of your current card, the Mx400 3x the performance, the 7500 4x the performance.

Even though some of these are available with TV-Out, and the Radeon 7500 has it's own DVD decoder, you may want to retain your DXR3 card anyway as there are programs available for it that can kill Macrovision.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?