No user accounts listed on welcome screen

Today after turning my computer there are no user accounts used on the
welcome screen. All was working find yesterday and there were three accounts
listed.

If I do CTRL+ALT+DEL I get to the username password entry box. Only one of
the three accounts work to log in and I can get to the desktop. When I got
to control panel/user accounts an error message pops up and says that the
user account is not recognized and to reboot. If I reboot I get the same
message/problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about user accounts listed screen

    First - backup this drive IMMEDIATELY! This could have been something that
    hosed your hard drive - and you don't know what's salvageable and what's not.
    Also, this could be the sign of impending hard drive failure - same
    situation, you'll lose all your data!

    Then, try booting to Safe Mode (by pressing F8 when Windows starts to load).
    This should let you get into the actual Administrator account. Then you can
    work the problem from there.

    "Kyle" wrote:

    > Today after turning my computer there are no user accounts used on the
    > welcome screen. All was working find yesterday and there were three accounts
    > listed.
    >
    > If I do CTRL+ALT+DEL I get to the username password entry box. Only one of
    > the three accounts work to log in and I can get to the desktop. When I got
    > to control panel/user accounts an error message pops up and says that the
    > user account is not recognized and to reboot. If I reboot I get the same
    > message/problem.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you.

User Accounts Windows XP