unable to remove program

I recently had to re-install my xp program and then tried to install a 1997
version of Lotus smart suite. I received a message that xp had a problem
with the program buy continued anyways. Now however, I have a Smart suite
Icon in my task bar and the listing of "Suite" at the top of my screen.

I have tried to remove them using the removal program and even going to the
search function to remove the references by hand. I keep getting a message
that the items cannot be removed and access is denied.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about unable remove program

    Try going to Start>Run type: msconfig click Ok and select Startup.
    Look for and entry for Lotus and uncheck if there.
    Also, take a look in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and see if
    there's an entry for Lotus. Uninstall if yes. Then
    finally look in C:\Program Files and if there's a folder for Lotus
    there delete it.

    "tucker121210" <tucker121210@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently had to re-install my xp program and then tried to install a 1997
    > version of Lotus smart suite. I received a message that xp had a problem
    > with the program buy continued anyways. Now however, I have a Smart suite
    > Icon in my task bar and the listing of "Suite" at the top of my screen.
    >
    > I have tried to remove them using the removal program and even going to
    > the
    > search function to remove the references by hand. I keep getting a
    > message
    > that the items cannot be removed and access is denied.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP