Nextel Service in Mexico

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,rec.travel.latin-america (More info?)

Does anyone have any experience with Nextel usage in Mexico, in particular
Cabo San Lucas?

As was told to me, cellular will not work but Int'l Direct Connect is
available.

Any help, appreciated

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,rec.travel.latin-america (More info?)

I don't see Cabo on the Nextel map:

http://www.nextel.com.mx/Cobertura/index.htm

From what I understand, you can direct from Northern Mexico to the US, but
not from Southern Mexico. Take a look at the page I linked to.

Stu

PS: I only speak a little Spanish so if my translation is off, please
foregive me.