Remove Background Behind Names of Desktop Icons

September 2, 2005 1:22:38 PM

I have one computer on which the names of desktop icons appear without boxes
around them, but on this one I can't figure out how to get the icon title to
"blend in" with the desktop background. Does that make sense?
There must be an "advanced" option here but I need help finding it.
Thanks so much.
September 2, 2005 10:11:20 PM

Your suggestion led me to check the settings in System Advanced and I found
that I had previously unchecked "Use drop shadows under desktop icons." I
checked it and the problem is resolved. Thanks a million.
"Michael Seidner" <seidnerm@classicnet.net> wrote in message
> Try this link:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

August 10, 2008 3:44:59 PM

Here is the simple solution for u r problem

Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desektop option, and click Ok

Visit at http://indiandiscovery.com/goatourism
!