Jerry Seinfeld Goes Back to Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Noya[/nom]I'm retarded, I need a one button mouse...[/citation]

You might want to go back to 2005 then when Apple last sold one buttoned mice.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Love the Macbook Wheel vid, so funny.

Anyway, who cares about Jerry? I don't. If a superstar is using a mac (or PC), do I follow just because? hell no.

gnice3d

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Who in their right mind is going to take IT advice from a half jewish, half scientologist comedian?
Serves MS right for paying 10 million bucks to a spokesperson who probably can't flush his browser cache.

If MS had any clue, they would be running ads showing 3-4 way SLI systems with liquid cooling kits running the Games for Windows titles. It's just retarded that they insist on focusing on the budget PC demographic.

One day Microsoft will figure out how to market their platform.
Unless the world smartens up and goes completely Linux 8)

akhodjaev

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Oh...
Everything about means and means that can afford that taste.
Jerry got Apple pro book, it does not mean i will get it.
Watch next episode of Jerry S.
- What...? Why this crap is doing on my table, and why we had to pay 1800 while i could have something better for 500???

The problem with those commercials is that they were trying too hard to be clever. A commercial only has so much time to convince people to buy a product, and even people who get the commercial and think it's clever, spend more time thinking it's clever than thinking they should buy what MS is selling. Of course in trying to hard to be clever those commercials also sometimes failed completely and just ended up being stupid, like the shoe one.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]You might want to go back to 2005 then when Apple last sold one buttoned mice.[/citation]

LOL. It only took what, 21 years to adopt a proper mouse (going from the first Mac back in 1984)? That's a pretty good response to emerging technology if I ever saw it.

Personally, I can't stand the limited functionality of 3-button scroll-wheel mice anymore. Give me at least 2 additional thumb buttons!!!

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]gnice3d[/nom]Who in their right mind is going to take IT advice from a half jewish, half scientologist comedian?Serves MS right for paying 10 million bucks to a spokesperson who probably can't flush his browser cache.If MS had any clue, they would be running ads showing 3-4 way SLI systems with liquid cooling kits running the Games for Windows titles. It's just retarded that they insist on focusing on the budget PC demographic.One day Microsoft will figure out how to market their platform.Unless the world smartens up and goes completely Linux 8)[/citation]

What does his ethnic background or religious beliefs have to do with anything?

What you suggest is absurd. How many people could afford one of the builds you suggest? How many would even know what was being said in such an ad? No, MS needs to focus on winning back consumer confidence, and needs to continue targeting all consumers and not an elite few.

ptroen

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Um I think the average consumer would be more confused. Somehow I don't see Seinfield at this point being a credible spokesman. Likable yes. Credible no.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Did you ever think that Apple is paying Larry David for product placement? When did "journalists" stop doing research for their articles? Ask the producers of Larry David and Seinfeld if they got paid for product placement?

"That said, Microsoft probably still isn't pleased." Why not ask MS their reaction to the picture instead of assuming what their reaction would be? Or does that take too much time?

Tom's at times seems to post these little tidbits of "News" to insight Mac vs. MS hatred flame wars.

Come on Tom's get to real Journalism and do some research, ask questions of both sides and then write the article.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]jonpaul37[/nom]FANBOY![/citation]

For pointing out a fact? Not really. Yes I use a Mac but I don't use an Apple mouse. I use a Microsoft mouse (Habu).

[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]LOL. It only took what, 21 years to adopt a proper mouse (going from the first Mac back in 1984)? That's a pretty good response to emerging technology if I ever saw it.Personally, I can't stand the limited functionality of 3-button scroll-wheel mice anymore. Give me at least 2 additional thumb buttons!!![/citation]

Yeah Apple have managed to produce some pretty shocking mice over the years. I was hoping the new multitouch one would be better but alas they didn't put in pinch to zoom and rotate support which means its a whole lot of multitouch surface with little use beyond up/down scrolling. A complete waste of technology if you ask me.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Jerry isn't a Scientologist. He's spoken against it before, and he's even made fun it in his own series. Just watch "The Parking Garage" episode (Season 3).

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]LOL. It only took what, 21 years to adopt a proper mouse (going from the first Mac back in 1984)? That's a pretty good response to emerging technology if I ever saw it.Personally, I can't stand the limited functionality of 3-button scroll-wheel mice anymore. Give me at least 2 additional thumb buttons!!![/citation]

The first Xerox mouse had a single button, and Xerox PARC also designed a three-button model, but reduced the count to two for Xerox products. Apple retained the one button mouse for accessibility reasons, and they also thought that users would be less confused.

In reality, how many people know how to use the full functionality of a mouse? It is a low percentage, though kids pick it up faster than adults. Try explaining how to use the right-click of a mouse to adults...you'd think you were covering planetary mechanics.

Regarding the thumb wheels...I use Logitech Revolution MX mice with both my Windows and Mac OS. Both work the same way regardless of the OS. Two button mice have been available for Mac's for years, it is just that Apple chose not to ship them.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I could care a less what Jerry does for any PC company. His comercials won't perswade people one way or another, he will make people laugh and that is it. Bottom line is if you want to sell Imac and Macbooks, make them affordable and easy enough to upgrade without haveing to pay a tech to do it. Their Imac's are a sweet system, but you need a masters degree to upgrade it or fix it, and they love that because they get you twice that way.

claudeb

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
[citation][nom]gnice3d[/nom].If MS had any clue, they would be running ads showing 3-4 way SLI systems with liquid cooling kits running the Games for Windows titles. [/citation] I don't think that would work.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Guys, don't ever "Ever" leave your computers because outside your work you are not funny or clever and either you don't understand comedy when it mixes with your work... Your look so bitter. Just relax!!! I think Jerry is free to use what ever he likes and we all know what marketing is about from whatever big, medium or small company name. Don't get confused with something funny, commercial and with religions or personal believes.

By the way I don't think Jerry needs 10 millions from anybody: "Not that is anything wrong with it". I think It is MS who's winning here.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Better yet, have a Gaint PC walking and steping on a small Imac and then haveing the sidepanel on the PC open up and say " We still have 85 percent of the market" Have A Nice Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.