File Explorer searches rather than displaying folder conte..

I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Lately, when I open My Computer,
and then double click on the icon for the C: drive, instead of C: opening up
and displaying the contents of the drive, it opens a search screne in aother
window. I would like to be able to explore the contents of the folders
again, but I don't know how to reset the parameters for the program.

Can you help me?
--
Lou
2 answers Last reply

    Type in Start Run

    regsvr32 /i shell32

    "Lou" <loub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36E578F9-8E0E-4B37-AFD3-9BD0B260368F@microsoft.com...
    >I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Lately, when I open My Computer,
    > and then double click on the icon for the C: drive, instead of C: opening up
    > and displaying the contents of the drive, it opens a search screne in aother
    > window. I would like to be able to explore the contents of the folders
    > again, but I don't know how to reset the parameters for the program.
    >
    > Can you help me?
    > --
    > Lou

    Dear David,

    Thanks! Your solution worked like a charm.

    Lou
    --
    Lou

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Type in Start Run
    >
    > regsvr32 /i shell32

    > "Lou" <loub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36E578F9-8E0E-4B37-AFD3-9BD0B260368F@microsoft.com...
    > >I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Lately, when I open My Computer,
    > > and then double click on the icon for the C: drive, instead of C: opening up
    > > and displaying the contents of the drive, it opens a search screne in aother
    > > window. I would like to be able to explore the contents of the folders
    > > again, but I don't know how to reset the parameters for the program.
    > >
    > > Can you help me?
    > > --
    > > Lou

Explorer Windows XP