File Explorer searches rather than displaying folder conte..

Lou

I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Lately, when I open My Computer,
and then double click on the icon for the C: drive, instead of C: opening up
and displaying the contents of the drive, it opens a search screne in aother
window. I would like to be able to explore the contents of the folders
again, but I don't know how to reset the parameters for the program.

Can you help me?
--
Lou

Type in Start Run

regsvr32 /i shell32

"Lou" <loub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36E578F9-8E0E-4B37-AFD3-9BD0B260368F@microsoft.com...
>I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Lately, when I open My Computer,
> and then double click on the icon for the C: drive, instead of C: opening up
> and displaying the contents of the drive, it opens a search screne in aother
> window. I would like to be able to explore the contents of the folders
> again, but I don't know how to reset the parameters for the program.
>
> Can you help me?
> --
> Lou

Lou

Dear David,

Thanks! Your solution worked like a charm.

Lou
--
Lou