I was transferring some files from a shared folder on my desktop to my
laptop using my local network (I guess that's what you call it. I have
wireless internet on the laptop and receive the signal from a router.) When
I moved a folder containing some pretty important documents, I accidentally
told the laptop to replace the file with one that had the same name. Now my
original folder is gone. Is there any way that my lost folder can be
recovered? I know it must be hiding somewhere on the laptop's hard drive.
At least, I hope that it is. Any help will surely be appreciated! Thanks,
Pam

Pam Wrote:
> I was transferring some files from a shared folder on my desktop to my
> laptop using my local network (I guess that's what you call it. I
> have
> wireless internet on the laptop and receive the signal from a router.)
> When
> I moved a folder containing some pretty important documents, I
> accidentally
> told the laptop to replace the file with one that had the same name.
> Now my
> original folder is gone. Is there any way that my lost folder can be
> recovered? I know it must be hiding somewhere on the laptop's hard
> drive.
> At least, I hope that it is. Any help will surely be appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Pam

Ouch thats pretty messed up right there. There are ways to recover
deleted items but I haven't seen or read on how to recover replaced
files! I am not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try. Go ahead
and do a system restore.

--
Evolution54