Drivers for soundcard not compatible with XP?

Hi,

I recently was given a used PC, which runs WinXP, from a friend.
Because the PC's soundcard produced very weak sounds compared to my own
PC, I wanted to install the soundcard from my old PC (which ran Win98)
into the new PC.

My soundcard is the Analog Devices AD1816 model. My current PC did not
have drivers for it, so I downloaded drivers off the net. Upon trying
to install the drivers, I get the warning message that the "Analog
Devices 1816 Codec (WDM)" had not passed the Windows Logo test, and
that installing it may cause problems for my PC. To be safe, I
cancelled installation.

From the brief comments posted at the site where I downloaded the
driver, it seems that the driver does work for XP, but I would like to
ask if anyone knows whether installing the driver will cause any
serious and irreparable damage to the functioning of my current PC?

Thank you very much.

--
joe giraffe

JJ

The warning message is generic as Microsoft hasn't tested all drivers before
release. Install the driver . JJ