Newbie: Using 2 Wireless Routers

Greetings,

I have two ActionTec GT701WG routers and would like to configure my home
network as follows;

Place one router in my home office and a hub off of the single port on the
router for my home office workstations.
Place the other router in my living room connected to my XBox game console.
This router would act like a wireless bridge to the office router for online
gaming.
Use either one or both of the routers as hotspots for my laptop throughout
the house.

Is this possible? If so, how!

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

"Kurt Harless" <kharless@qwest.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I have two ActionTec GT701WG routers and would like to configure my home
> network as follows;
>
> Place one router in my home office and a hub off of the single port on the
> router for my home office workstations.

Yeah, you can do that. The router 1 would be the gateway device for the LAN
and WAN.

> Place the other router in my living room connected to my XBox game
console.
> This router would act like a wireless bridge to the office router for
online
> gaming.

Yeah, you can do that too by disabling the DHCP server on the router and
connecting a cable from the LAN port on router 1 to a LAN port on router
2 --- no WAN port.

router 2 becomes a WAP/wire (switch) and wireless and wired machines will
get a DHCP IP from router 1.

> Use either one or both of the routers as hotspots for my laptop throughout
> the house.

I don't know if that will work and maybe you'll need to disable the
wireless on one router 1.

The norm I think is wired router ------ wireless/wired (router/a switch)
(WAP).

Duane :)