Blizzard Releases Race Changer for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Pay for this, pay for that. Now that's what I call money well spent...Anyway, can't be angry at them. If someone is stupid enough to pay 30$ for that, he deserves to loose it. Too bad those types of people just don't die from starvation after spending all their money on such things.

mavroxur

Distinguished
You'd think as much money as blizzard rakes in (15 bucks a month x 12 million subscribers) they could maybe...i dunno....include some services for free with your monthly fee. Or here's an idea, maybe include 30 days of play time when you buy an expansion. Nope. Squeeze every dollar you can out of everyone you can.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Gah, to counter this unnecessary WoW news, I guess I'll advertise for another game... to balance out this annoying Blizzard promotion.

Steam has a 50% off sale on The Witcher Enhanced Edition running through the end of the day today (10/29).

OK. I feel better now.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Changed race does it matter i mean you look like an ugly shit unless you play as human which then you still look ugly but then it's not on purpose usually.

For 25 bucks they should let me change my class screw it if my weapons and stuff wont work well with it better then grinding for 2 months to get to what is the level cap now 70? 80?

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
The sad thing about that Witcher sale on Steam was that I had just ordered the non-enhanced version the day before from Amazon for $14 with the intention of downloading the enhanced updates once it arrived. I'd have rather bought it on Steam for $20 :/

ichbinyogi

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Its to bad this game has steadily gotten worse since Beta. I was really excited about WoW when I first was beta testing, being a big warcraft fan. WTF is WoW anymore it sure as hell isnt Warcraft

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I love haters lol...

Its simple you don't have to pay for it. I think they charge to keep it to a minimum. Otherwise you would have retards changing their race/name/faction/sex every freaking day.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I switched over to DDO its mostly free (you pay for stuff if you want too but there is no monthly free) So far I like it.

I just got so bored with WoW.

To me this service is sort of "meh" It would not have affected me one way or another. Some people might do it but I would not have.

WiSatman

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007
Damn it, I bought the Witcher about two weeks ago for $39.99 at Best Buy... lame. Also, they could make it have a cool down for changing their characters, say once a month. Anyway Bliz loves $$$, why do you think it's taking so long for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 to come out. They have so much money from WOW, they probably could of hired enough developers to make those games in like a week.

sinclaj1

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
This fee isn't just to make money from the service, it probably also functions as a limiter to keep it to those serious enough to do it. Usually it would also serve to keep the frequency of changes down as well but I'm guessing that it has the same 3-day time limit as faction changes.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]I love haters lol...Its simple you don't have to pay for it. I think they charge to keep it to a minimum.[/citation]
$25 is fucking insane. $5 max for a service so trivially pointless.

No, seriously. $25 to change race? Are you kidding? I had a friend 3 months ago try to convince me that blizzard wasn't a cash-cow!

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]crisisavatar[/nom]25 bucks for a race change, I mean really ...[/citation]
Well... It's still cheaper than what Michael Jackson had to pay.

... Too early?

grant_77

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Why is everyone complaining about the cost of change? Someone on the other end has to work to get the job done. Ensure that your information isn't lost.

If you make $20 an hour, and it takes you you 200+ hours to go from level 1-80 (plus other time leveling your professions or farming on your main to pay for it).

It makes sense to charge, if it was free everyone would do it, the servers would crash, and every pvp would have the same race/faction. By charging they ensure some variety of characters by an individuals socioeconomic evaluation of their opportunity cost to do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
If this was a free game that survived on Microtransactions, I wouldn't have a problem with this. However, this is a subscription-based game. This is a fairly significant cash charge for this service, and serves only as a means to generate yet more income for the company.

There are those that say that the fee is to limit the use of this service. If that was the case, there are numerous other ways to limit it without charging cash.

It's this kind of business practice that keeps me from playing many MMO's anymore.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Yay I'm thrilled for yet another way to take my money! I like the game, really do. But I don't like all teh crap around it. Would never pay for a transfer, faction or race change or anything else like that. In fact I've once again stopped subscribing (happends once in a while when it gets just too boring).

Status
Not open for further replies.