Program group gone

Hello
I got a virus the other day. I did what Norton told me to do and that was to
isolate the virus and in safemode go in and delete it. I did that and now my
icons in the program group are gone. I have no restore points to go back to
either.

Can someone tell me how to restore the program icons?

Jesse
1 answer Last reply
More about program group gone

    Create a new user profile. It was probably destroyed by the virus.
    811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:

    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Jessewag" <Jessewag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D4E262F-EBEC-4E10-9171-BA42396B2CFC@microsoft.com...
    > Hello
    > I got a virus the other day. I did what Norton told me to do and that was to
    > isolate the virus and in safemode go in and delete it. I did that and now my
    > icons in the program group are gone. I have no restore points to go back to
    > either.
    >
    > Can someone tell me how to restore the program icons?
    >
    > Jesse

Windows XP