BSOD everytime i reach the welcome screen

i have been getting a BSOD eveytime i get to the welcome screen. it says
IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. i tryed to use the windows disk to repair, but
it wouldnt find my HD, and a few seconds later it BSODed agian. i am at
a total loss as to what it is. i have tryed the microsoft knowledge
bases, but that all assume that you can repair with the widows disk.
any help would be greatly appreicated.

--
sociald1077
sociald1077's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4880

    sociald1077 <sociald1077.1urhvv@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

    >i have been getting a BSOD eveytime i get to the welcome screen. it says
    >IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. i tryed to use the windows disk to repair, but
    >it wouldnt find my HD, and a few seconds later it BSODed agian. i am at
    >a total loss as to what it is. i have tryed the microsoft knowledge
    >bases, but that all assume that you can repair with the widows disk.
    >any help would be greatly appreicated.

    What did you add/install/update/modify/uninstall/remove/delete or
    otherwise change in any way about the computer at the time this
    problem first appeared?

    If the computer was previously working properly and then started
    producing this error then the most likely culprit is some new
    hardware, the drivers for this hardware, updated drivers for existing
    hardware, newly installed software, or updates to previously installed
    software.

    The fact that your hard drive cannot be detected when you boot with
    the Windows CD is also troubling. Did you perhaps install some drive
    overlay software (EZDrive, MaxBlast, DiskManager, etc) so as to use a
    large hard drive on a computer that will not otherwise support drives
    of that size?

    Hope this is of some assistance.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada