BSOD everytime i reach the welcome screen

Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 2, 2005 8:32:07 PM

i have been getting a BSOD eveytime i get to the welcome screen. it says
IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. i tryed to use the windows disk to repair, but
it wouldnt find my HD, and a few seconds later it BSODed agian. i am at
a total loss as to what it is. i have tryed the microsoft knowledge
bases, but that all assume that you can repair with the widows disk.
any help would be greatly appreicated.

--
sociald1077
sociald1077's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4880

More about : bsod everytime reach screen

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:21:15 AM

sociald1077 <sociald1077.1urhvv@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>i have been getting a BSOD eveytime i get to the welcome screen. it says
>IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. i tryed to use the windows disk to repair, but
>it wouldnt find my HD, and a few seconds later it BSODed agian. i am at
>a total loss as to what it is. i have tryed the microsoft knowledge
>bases, but that all assume that you can repair with the widows disk.
>any help would be greatly appreicated.

What did you add/install/update/modify/uninstall/remove/delete or
otherwise change in any way about the computer at the time this
problem first appeared?

If the computer was previously working properly and then started
producing this error then the most likely culprit is some new
hardware, the drivers for this hardware, updated drivers for existing
hardware, newly installed software, or updates to previously installed
software.

The fact that your hard drive cannot be detected when you boot with
the Windows CD is also troubling. Did you perhaps install some drive
overlay software (EZDrive, MaxBlast, DiskManager, etc) so as to use a
large hard drive on a computer that will not otherwise support drives
of that size?

Hope this is of some assistance.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada