Hi,

This is my first post here.

I have been having an issue with Windows XP's Help & Support ever since I
installed Service Pack 2; under the "Did you know?" section it's supposed to
connect to the Internet and download new links, right? Well, it doesn't do
that anymore.

I did some Googling but failed to find anything helpful so far.

I've been using the built-in personal firewall ever since installing SP2,
which I'm guessing *may* have something to do with it. Then again, I guess
it could be something else...

From behind a proxy server or firewall, allow access to http://sa.windows.com

--
Mark L. Ferguson

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> From behind a proxy server or firewall, allow access to
> http://sa.windows.com

Thanks! I'll have to try that. This may sound silly though, but could you
tell me how to do that with Windows' SP2 firewall?

IE, tools menu, options, security tab - highlight Trusted Zones click Sites button (uncheck require https://), Add

--
Mark L. Ferguson

> IE, tools menu, options, security tab - highlight Trusted Zones click
> Sites button (uncheck require https://), Add

I tried it. It didn't change seem to change anything though. But thanks
anyway!

(If it helps, I'm using a Dutch version of Windows XP.)

Try this fix . Helpfix.txt:
http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/Helpfix.txt

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Lukas Mariman" <lukas.mariman@skynet.be> wrote in message news:431afb3c$0$29879$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...

> "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:uWVIuhUsFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> IE, tools menu, options, security tab - highlight Trusted Zones click Sites button (uncheck require https://), Add
>
> I tried it. It didn't change seem to change anything though. But thanks anyway!
>
> (If it helps, I'm using a Dutch version of Windows XP.)

frodo

"Did You Know..." not updating is a common, known issue. Don't worry too
much about it. The "headlines" are pretty mundane, you're really not
missing anything.

As long as you can do a search from within Help and Support and get some
knowledgebase hits, then H&S's connection to the internet is fine. Did You
Know will update occasionally, depending upon the phase of the moon... ;-)

<frodo@theshire.org> schreef in bericht
> "Did You Know..." not updating is a common, known issue. Don't worry too
> much about it. The "headlines" are pretty mundane, you're really not
> missing anything.
>
> As long as you can do a search from within Help and Support and get some
> knowledgebase hits, then H&S's connection to the internet is fine. Did You
> Know will update occasionally, depending upon the phase of the moon... ;-)

I agree, it's no big deal, it's just one of those little things that bug you
from time to time, I guess.