1. I can't get the microphone working on my Win XP home. I have a Bluetooth
one & just bought a plug-in one as I thought the problem was with Bluetooth.
My speakers have no problem & speech recognition is installed, but not set up
as there's no sound.
2. When I click on install/remove programs in control panel I get the error
message: Value failed at " line 521. Programs install ok automatically & I
usually don't use the one in control panel. No other things in control panel
refuse to open.

Any suggestions would be appresiated.
Thanks

Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\. Delete the following key: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}. Open Device
Manager. (run devmgmt.msc) Remove the Bluetooth radio listed here. Click Action, click Scan for hardware changes. This should
re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson