problem with system start

When starting windows xp i get this error: "** Assertion failed
BaseBlockHive->Sequence! != BaseBlockHive->Sequence2 in d:3"

I've scanned bootable partition with chkdsk from system recovery console but
with no result.
What shall i do to start my os??
This error occurs even when booting in safe mode.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem system start

    Reboot pc, tap & keep repeat tapping F8 as it boots up, and select "Last Known Good".

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    podi wrote:
    > When starting windows xp i get this error: "** Assertion failed
    > BaseBlockHive->Sequence! != BaseBlockHive->Sequence2 in d:3"
    >
    > I've scanned bootable partition with chkdsk from system recovery
    > console but with no result.
    > What shall i do to start my os??
    > This error occurs even when booting in safe mode.

    If it was that simple....:(

    "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

    > Reboot pc, tap & keep repeat tapping F8 as it boots up, and select "Last Known Good".
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > MVP Windows - Shell / User
    > -----
    >

    > podi wrote:
    > > When starting windows xp i get this error: "** Assertion failed
    > > BaseBlockHive->Sequence! != BaseBlockHive->Sequence2 in d:3"
    > >
    > > I've scanned bootable partition with chkdsk from system recovery
    > > console but with no result.
    > > What shall i do to start my os??
    > > This error occurs even when booting in safe mode.

Windows XP