system 32 files keep opening

my computer goes though normal boot up, the last thing it does is open
a window labelled "system 32" from the windows xp files, can you help me
stop this?

See Kelly's XP Korner. Line # 260 on the right side. "System32 folder opens upon boot"

Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----

armourexe wrote:
> my computer goes though normal boot up, the last thing it does is open
> a window labelled "system 32" from the windows xp files, can you help me
> stop this?

This can be caused by a blank entry, such as can be left behind by
an incomplete program removal, in the
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and/or
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run keys. It can also
be caused by an entry in these same keys that starts with a " / ."

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310560

--

Bruce Chambers