DJ

My sister is having problems with her pc it won't boot up at all and when she
presses F8 to get it to load in safe mode the option doesn't come up. Is
there another way of accessing the safe mode from start up other than using
F8?

It also says about running a diagnostic utility scan supplied by hardware
manufacturer. Can anyone enlighten me what this means and again how to do
this is her pc is unable to startup?

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

Many Thanks

Have your sister tap & repeat tapping F8 Function key as the pc is booting up. Suggest that she be persistent.
It's not just one press of the key.
If necessary, have her reboot the pc over again, and retry.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

DJ wrote:
> My sister is having problems with her pc it won't boot up at all and
> when she presses F8 to get it to load in safe mode the option doesn't
> come up. Is there another way of accessing the safe mode from start
> up other than using F8?
>
> It also says about running a diagnostic utility scan supplied by
> hardware manufacturer. Can anyone enlighten me what this means and
> again how to do this is her pc is unable to startup?
>
> Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved.
>
> Many Thanks

Roadrunner

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004

Hi ... There 2 methods you can do , have a look at this website for the 2
methods

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=61#winxo