Weird Battery Problem

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

My Dell Latitude CPi PII-400 will not boot if I have a battery installed or
charge a batttery after it is running. I've ruled out the battery through
substitutions. I'm running XP and have latest bios updates. Any
suggestions?
TIA,
David
2 answers Last reply
More about weird battery problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Yes its a problem with the charger board, and when you put a battery in if
    you look on the ac power adaptor the green LED should go out, IF this is
    the case then if you know someone or you are capable yourself who can do the
    repair then fair enough failing that the easier option is to replace the
    systemboard
    "davidg35" <davidg35@cox.net> wrote in message
    > My Dell Latitude CPi PII-400 will not boot if I have a battery installed
    > or charge a batttery after it is running. I've ruled out the battery
    > through substitutions. I'm running XP and have latest bios updates. Any
    > suggestions?
    > TIA,
    > David

  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Thanks, I downloaded the service manual but could not find the charger board
    in it, is it a separate item on the cpi? I appreciate the help. I have a
    dead CPi to draw parts from.
    Thanks,
    David

    "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Yes its a problem with the charger board, and when you put a battery in if
    > you look on the ac power adaptor the green LED should go out, IF this is
    > the case then if you know someone or you are capable yourself who can do
    > the repair then fair enough failing that the easier option is to replace
    > the systemboard
    > "davidg35" <davidg35@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> My Dell Latitude CPi PII-400 will not boot if I have a battery installed
    >> or charge a batttery after it is running. I've ruled out the battery
    >> through substitutions. I'm running XP and have latest bios updates. Any
    >> suggestions?
    >> TIA,
    >> David

Dell Battery Computers