WRT54G Port Problem?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 5, 2004 3:52:57 AM

Last week we had a power failure and ever since then I haven't been able to
connect the router to the ISP. I tried everything I could think of.. re
flashed the firmware then upgraded it to 2.02.7 still get error message when
connecting to ISP (unable to get ip address from host). This unit is a
version that has 20 leds on the front panel and the three that correspond to
the internet port do light up when I plug the ISP modem/ Radio into it. The
web based utility works fine and I can see all computers attached to the
router, just can't connect to ISP. Replaced router with a know good one and
everything works just fine. I tried power cycling everything several time
but router still will not connect. Double checked pppoe settings all ok.
Even tried cloning mac address to one with the router that works (another
wrt54g I might add) but still no good. Can anyone think of anything else I
could try.
Thanks in advance..
Av8orjb

More about : wrt54g port problem

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 12:31:05 AM

"Av8orjb" <av8orjb@dls.net> wrote in message
> Last week we had a power failure and ever since then I haven't been able
> connect the router to the ISP. I tried everything I could think of.. re
> flashed the firmware then upgraded it to 2.02.7 still get error message
when
> connecting to ISP (unable to get ip address from host). This unit is a
> version that has 20 leds on the front panel and the three that correspond
> the internet port do light up when I plug the ISP modem/ Radio into it.
The
> web based utility works fine and I can see all computers attached to the
> router, just can't connect to ISP. Replaced router with a know good one
and
> everything works just fine. I tried power cycling everything several time
> but router still will not connect. Double checked pppoe settings all ok.
> Even tried cloning mac address to one with the router that works (another
> wrt54g I might add) but still no good. Can anyone think of anything else
> could try.
> Thanks in advance..
> Av8orjb

The routers don't like sudden power failure , brownouts, and spikes on the
line. They will go defective.

A good UPS system will help prevent this.

Duane :)
!