I have XP professional and I have a virus called Trojan House 16.AG.
Can anyone help me to remove or fix this virus.

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

In article <OajSe.608$pt.113@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of the pcbutts1 site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised - the pcbutts1 poster does not provide VALID links to
the vendors website, doesn't not provide a proper/valid MIRROR site in
compliance with the vendors guidelines, and has not even given proof
that he has permission to host the files on his private site.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

You're a persistent Bastard aren't you.

http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm

In article <R1nSe.1444$XY7.1035@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm

Nice little trolling person that directs people to his sites so that he
can get money for sponsored AD - he's posted that he gets money for
directing people to his websites.....

Sort of makes it all clear now - why you won't properly link the vendors
sites, why you want traffic - so that your sponsors will think they are
getting valid hits.....

--

Show me and everybody else one sponsored link on www.pcbutts1.com ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/download, or
http://www.pcbutts1.com/download/licesnse.htm

In article <5GuSe.1094$I91.616@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Show me and everybody else one sponsored link on www.pcbutts1.com ,
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/download, or
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/download/licesnse.htm

To the Public:
Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

To better clean your system of Spyware/Viruses, reboot your computer in
SAFE MODE and run your AV software, then run AdAwareSE, then reboot back
into normal mode.

Install SP2 and stop using IE unless you need to - I recommend FireFox
for the web except for banking sites.

And one more time: Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Install an up to date virus scanner , you could purchase one or use a free
version like AVG .
Make sure if you have XP serivce pack 2 , that the windows firewall is
enabled
Finally , visit a site like symantec or Mcafee to find information on the
trojan , you could check to see what files and registry keys it adds , and
then you could delete these entries manually if you like.
Just make sure you back up the registry first , if you are to edit it!
The site you visit will tell you how to do this and what entries to remove ,
but its easier just to get a virus scanner and let it do all the hard work
for you!

Hope that helps :D