first time user

hi
ok, first I would like to apologize, as I have no doubts, my post won`t be a
first time!
I am basically clueless (but not blond), when it come to wireless connection
on the web.
well, almost.
got a new laptop yesterday (NotinoC5515, which by the way, if anyone has,
any feedback would be kewl, cheers!).
and while I have a home base PC at home, connected, with BT broadband (yes I
knows...) ADSL USB device, I think, not Ethernet modem.

ok so far, I would like to be able to connect to broadband with my laptop,
what I understood:
1, you need some kind of device call wireless router? a good firewall? a
good provider? if so what would you recommend?

2 I hear u can connect to nice little hotspot in town, through big business
for free?!

3 any good links on the web, anyone's, could point me out to explain, steps
by steps the all things, for peroxide brain, when it come to the all things.
( I am not adverse to the sweet idea to borrow, big business router...;-)

cheers for reading, and if you managed to get that far, and not falls
asleep and replied, many thanks!!!

Cerbere.

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

poppyhead wrote:

> hi
> ok, first I would like to apologize, as I have no doubts, my post won`t be a
> first time!
> I am basically clueless (but not blond), when it come to wireless connection
> on the web.
> well, almost.
> got a new laptop yesterday (NotinoC5515, which by the way, if anyone has,
> any feedback would be kewl, cheers!).
> and while I have a home base PC at home, connected, with BT broadband (yes I
> knows...) ADSL USB device, I think, not Ethernet modem.
>
> ok so far, I would like to be able to connect to broadband with my laptop,
> what I understood:
> 1, you need some kind of device call wireless router? a good firewall? a
> good provider? if so what would you recommend?
>
> 2 I hear u can connect to nice little hotspot in town, through big business
> for free?!
>
> 3 any good links on the web, anyone's, could point me out to explain, steps
> by steps the all things, for peroxide brain, when it come to the all things.
> ( I am not adverse to the sweet idea to borrow, big business router...;-)
>
> cheers for reading, and if you managed to get that far, and not falls
> asleep and replied, many thanks!!!
>
> Cerbere.

Pick up an inexpensive wireless router at a retail store, wait till
later on to try to configure a "big business router". Then Read The Fine
Manual that comes with it. The router will provide much or all of the
protection as a firewall.

As for the hotspot, you'll need local advice on getting on their network.

Read through past posts to this newsgroup for good information on
recommended routers and assorted wireless equipment.
http://tinyurl.com/yr4vc

hi thank u very much for u help will check the link.
many thanks.

--
"Any two particles that have once been in contact will continue to act as
though they are informationally connected regardless of their separation in