Temp files

All of a sudden, I am getting numerous files in my c:\windows\temp directory
(not my designated temp folder location) with the following format:
CS0C0A1C2B-D737-440F-9620-6D41C0422D12.tmp.
When I try to delete them, I get the message "cannot delete file is being
used by another person or program. I am the only user and have no idea what
program is involved.
Every time I bootup, the "date modified" changes to the current boot time.
I thought I might be able to delete them in safe mode, but they don't show
up there.

I would appreciate any help that might be offered to resolve this situation.

Thanks,
Lyall Kingman
2 answers Last reply
More about temp files

    Shutdown your PC and reboot. Open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>
    Internet Options>Delete Cookies>Click Delete Files including offline content.
    While you're there also clear History, it may need it.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Lyall Kingman" wrote:

    > All of a sudden, I am getting numerous files in my c:\windows\temp directory
    > (not my designated temp folder location) with the following format:
    > CS0C0A1C2B-D737-440F-9620-6D41C0422D12.tmp.
    > When I try to delete them, I get the message "cannot delete file is being
    > used by another person or program. I am the only user and have no idea what
    > program is involved.
    > Every time I bootup, the "date modified" changes to the current boot time.
    > I thought I might be able to delete them in safe mode, but they don't show
    > up there.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help that might be offered to resolve this situation.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lyall Kingman

    I'm glad you mentioned this; I have many internet files saved in My
    Documents. If I was to do this below, would it delete those files, too?
    That's why I have never included offline content. Thanks. I look forward
    to hearing from you or anyone else who can tell me.

    Margie

    > Shutdown your PC and reboot. Open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>
    > Internet Options>Delete Cookies>Click Delete Files including offline
    content.

Microsoft Windows XP